Hatred Turned To Love {Five x Reader}

Start from the beginning

~Time Skip~

My mom slightly fixes my hair as we all wait outside of the front door of the Hargreeves' house. I pull my head away from her to get her to stop. "Honey, her hair is fine. Now relax, it's just a simple dinner." My father softly says to my mother, which does get her to stop. Before she could say anything to interject the front door opened to reveal a beautiful woman. She had a smile on her face. "Please come in." She says as she moves to the side, inviting us inside. Three of us do. I didn't pay much attention to her and my parents talking because my attention was on the beautifully old architecture of the house. I was never allowed to enter this house as a kid because my parents were afraid I'd hurt myself. I had never expected it to look as beautiful as it does.

"Sweetheart." I look over at the three adults. "Are you going to stand there or are you going to join us for dinner?" My cheeks heat up out of embarrassment. "Right, sorry. I was just admiring the architecture." I say softly as I join three, going to the dining room with them. I see that all of the Hargreeves kids are there along with a chimp and an older looking man. The lady, who I believe introduced herself as Grace but I'm not too sure since I wasn't paying attention earlier, had guided us to our seats. I internally groan as I'm sat across from Five, the boy that I hated to love. Luckily I was placed beside Klaus, who I found fun to be around. My parents were placed closer to the older looking man and chimp. Grace didn't seem to be joining us, but from the way she moved and seemed to act I could tell she wasn't human. I watched my parents engage in a conversation with the older man while everyone ate. The others had their own conversations, except Five who was just listening. Sure he'd add his own opinions in conversations if he deemed it necessary.

I had been barely eating, mainly because I didn't feel all that hungry. I had lost my appetite while standing outside the Hargreeves household. Though it went unnoticed by everyone around me, except Five and Grace. Grace walked over to me. "Is everything okay dear?" I look at her and slightly smile. "Yes, I'm just not that hungry." She nods and smiles. "Would you like me to save some food for later?" I shake my head. "No ma'am, but thank you for the offer." She nods and takes my plate to the kitchen. I got up from the table, saying some random excuse, and left the dining room. I decided to explore the house instead. Though my lone exploration was cut short by Five appearing in front of me. I almost walked right into him, but I came to a halt before I did. "What do you want?" I ask as I cross my arms, slightly glaring at the boy. He rolls his eyes. "I'm just making sure you don't get yourself lost." I roll my eyes and walk around him, my arms falling down to my sides. "I can explore without getting lost."

"Yeah, just like you got lost trying to find your History class room at a school you've been going to for a lot longer than me." I stop walking, causing him to walk right into me, and turn around to face him. "Look, I only got lost because I had spent years stuck in some place where time is an illusion. I spent years there only to be brought back a month before your family moved in here. So if you're done making fun of me trying to relearn where things are you can leave me alone." I say and quickly turn back around, walking away from him. I didn't hear him follow, which made me glad that he left me alone. I just wanted some alone time and to explore a place I wasn't ever allowed to before. Now I could. I explored until I got tired.

The last place I visited on my exploration was a hallway that was connected to bedrooms. I glanced in the rooms with open doors, guessing who each room belonged to. I stopped right outside of the room I guessed to be Five's room. I debated for a second before entering his room, payback for going into my room earlier today. Entering the room I can see that it's a mix of a typical teenage boy's room and a room someone sleeps in but doesn't really care much about, which fits his personality. I walk around the room just looking at his things, eventually going over to his bed and sitting down. I close my eyes as I sit in silence.