Chapter thirteen: Lust In LA

Start from the beginning

...

"What the hell, close that thing!", Catherine said becoming upset at the pretty face. "I don't know about you, but that's some good shit", I said laughing and opening a can of beer from my coats pocket. She snapped and glared at me, while the pretty face closed the television. 

"So..", I said moving away from her to a safer distance and sitting on the couch. With a now finished can, which I scrunched up and threw behind me. "Other than that bloody orgy happening on the television, what else is going on?", I asked while opening another can.

"Let's see, a lot of bizarre occurrences have happened in the past ten hours. A fire broke out in Harrisburg, reaching Newville, Lewistown, pine grove, Myerstown, Lancaster, and York. Disseminating all of them to the ground. And back in New York, Manhattan has been locked down completely. After it was consumed by raging mental people, attacking anything that gets close to entering it." Pretty face explained. 

"All of that, is it demons?", Catherine asked. "It's the signs of the coming apocalypse, but not the biblical kind. As Saint Edward puts it, "It's the Faith, that we must survive"." Pretty face said. "Ah, that quack, preaching about the Concepts", I commented. 

"You two know about what he had talked about? because I don't ever remember ever being present in his sermons", Catherine said and the Pretty face shook his head. "Me neither. He is a very secretive man", Pretty face added, "Well it doesn't fucking matter, let's just take care of Asmodeus and we call it a day", I said then turn towards Catherine. "And may even have time for more nightly activities", I said looking at her with a foolish grin.

"Fuck off", She immediately replied, as I giggled and threw the empty can of beer behind me. Pretty face pull out a set of keys and threw them at me, "Then get going now, there is a car waiting outside, take it. I don't wanna keep staring at your stupid maw. ", He said.

I caught keys, "Yeah sure, fuck you too cunt", saying that I stood up and walked over to the fridge. As Catherine wore her coat, hiding her fine figure. I pulled out the remaining pack of beer then walked out to find a jaguar-xj8, the car of the year. Black and shining as the sun over the top of our heads, "Ah, just what I needed, A pack of beer and good ass to ride", I said to myself.

"You driving?", she asked and I looked are with an obvious expression. "Of course, I am gonna", I said running to it and opening the beauty and sitting on its fine leather seats. Grinning like a child getting his present on Christmas, while the woman next to me just rolled her eyes.

Catherine,

I didn't notice in beginning, but the butlers and maids were missing from the guest house. Later on, finding the streets of LA deserted, without any living being in sight. Seeing the empty roads with cars left with their doors left hanging open, filled my stomach with frustration for this meant. 

Mortise knew where Asmodeus was, saying that he was able to sense him. Driving us through La Cienega Boulevard through the Santa Monica flyway. Soon, as suspected the silence faded and the gruesome scenery greeted us.

Moving bodies were strung about, mangling and rubbing off each other in unison underneath the beating sun. There were many who were dead now, with bodies being still in use while rotting away. Those who had kept alive kept on moving and rubbing their genitalia on the corpse. Though mangled and wounded all over their bodies.

Men, women, children, the elderly, even animals were not able to escape. My throat started to go dry and as felt anger growing deep in the pits of my stomach. Asmodeus has been regarded as the god of Lust and in some other places as the personification of Lust. His being in this city was enough for all of it to go to hell.