(In response, she hugs him back tightly in tears, her head on his chest and him caressing her hair gently to calm her down.)

Riya (in tears)- You know Manik, jab bhi main bachpan mein koyi galti karti thi naa, to Mrs. Dixit mujhe main gate ke bahar khada kar deti thi. Chahe dhoop ho, baarish ho, unn ko koyi farak nahi padta tha. Aur phir.... phir ghanto takk mujhe andar nahi aane deti thi. Kisi ko mujhe paani tak nahi dene deti thi vo. Agar unke kisi friend ke saamne aa jaati thi naa to.... (cryingly) 02.... 02 din takk store room mein band rakhti thi vo mujhe. Bina khaane aur paani ke. Main darr se behosh ho jaati thi. But... But vo mujhe bahar nahi nikalti thi.

[Riya- You know Manik, whenever I made a mistake as a kid, Mrs Dixit used to make me stand on the gate outside. Be it sunny or raining, it did not affect her at all. And then... Then she won't let me come inside for hours. If I used to go in front of her friends, she used to keep me locked in the storeroom for 02 days. With no food or water. I used to faint because of fear. But... But she won't let me come out.]

(Manik closes his eyes to control himself and continues consoling her.)

Riya (in tears)- Why did they do this, Manik? Why? My parents didn't want me. I should have died. Why did I live? Why? (breaks down crying) I should have died.

Manik- Shhhh. Dare you say that again. Quiet.

(She hugs and holds him more tightly while crying, and he keeps consoling her, trying his best to calm her down.)

Manik (in her ear)- Shhhh. I got you. We are okay. Everything is fine. Shhh. No one hates you.

(It takes some time for her to calm down, and he gently caresses her hair and rubs her back while she keeps holding on to him tightly. After a few minutes, she breaks the hug and wipes her tears while he is still rubbing her back.)

Manik- Theek lag raha hai abhi?

[Manik- Are you feeling okay now?]

Riya (nodding in yes)- Hmm. I am fine.

Manik- Sure? Do you want me to get you something?

Riya (meekly)- No, I am fine!

(He sighs and turns her face to his side with his finger under her chin. She looks at him, scared, and he speaks.)

Manik- From now on, if someone says or does something to you, you will not get scared, okay? I told you, right, I will always support you. And I mean that promise to you. Whenever someone tries to disturb your personal space, just do anything that you can do to save yourself. Be it hitting them or pushing them away or anything, okay? Don't worry about anything else in the world. I will deal with the consequences. You just save yourself, okay?

Riya (sacred)- Mujh se nahi hoga Manik. Jaise hi unn mein se koyi mere saamne aata hai... Mujhe... Mujhe pata nahi kya ho jaata hai. I go numb. I.... I just lose all my strength.

[ Riya- I can't do this Manik. Whenever someone from their family comes in front of me, I don't know what happens to me. I go numb. I... I just lose all my strength.]

Manik- Okay, fine. So whenever something bad happens, and you feel you are losing strength, just close your eyes and think of what I said. Think and remember that you have Manik, your husband, at your back, and I will protect you at any cost. Hmm? Will you do that for me? Just fight for yourself when I am not there. And once I am there, I will handle everything. Okay?