Chapter XVIII: Orders

Plantation 13

Eren Pov

When I opened the box, what was inside...it was a shock to my eyes.

I already knew about this world's advanced technologies and scientific wonders but still, to remake an exact replica of it was difficult, almost impossible

Another banging sound came from the door behind me as the metal layer continued to crumble.

I then got the ODM gear off the box and started wearing it as fast as I could.

Its design was a little different from the original. I guess Doctor FranXX modified it.

Unlike the original design, developed by Angel Altonen, this version of the device had 2 sets of swords instead of four and their color was different. Instead of shining silver, it now was a dark black with a yellow line going from the bottom of the blade to its sharp edge.

When I equipped one blade to the grip, it started glowing, as if something activated. Before I could think more on that fact a huge bang was heard from behind the door. It now could withstand about one more hit.

I jumped and held on to two metal bars on the ceiling and waited patiently for the soldiers to enter the room.

A final bang broke down the door, ripping it open as the metal broke apart and fell to the ground.

The guards barged inside the room, aiming their weapons at many sides of the room.

When I saw that the last guard was inside the room, I let go of the bars and run outside the room.

I then jumped down and pulled the trigger and shot the hooks into the hole Zero Two made before when she took one of the soldier's guns.

I then pulled the second trigger and launched myself within the opening. Despite their efforts, the soldiers were unable to prevent my escape.

I then once again launched myself, flying throughout the rooms of the Plantation until I saw a giant glass window.

I shot the anchors there and launched myself towards it at high speed.

The barrier was weaker than I thought and I managed to break out of it with ease.

Battlefield

"Tch!" I hissed angrily to the scenery before my eyes "Hachi wasn't kidding, its a ravage out here"

Suddenly a Klaxosaur tried to attack me from below but I avoided its attack and in return used the blades to cut off two of its legs.

As it fell down on the ground, groaning in anguish, I thought this to be the best opportunity to attack.

I sliced its skin like butter multiple times without any pity or remorse. I then sliced it from below its body, cutting out a square metal piece and making an opening that allowed me to enter its body.