Chapter XVII: Heart or Instinct

Hey guys,

So I decided to add osts and themes for each scene of this chapter. I would really appreciate it if you guys could leave your thoughts about the music choice for each ost.

________________________________________________________________________________

Mistilteinn

Hiro Pov

I was searching for Zero Two through the woods just as Nana told me.

I'm sure, she must be in her regular spot in the lake, surely she must have a lot to think about.

"Eren......" I thought to myself, saying my squadmate's name softly as I recalled his outrage in the briefing room earlier.

Up to this point, I didn't know what pure hatred looked like or even was like. All I knew was that those people that had that, were either sadistic psychopaths or vengeful but strong willed individuals that use that to fuel their vengeance.

I think..........Eren is neither the first nor the last, he's just........himself. I've just met him for some days but that was long enough to realize his motivation to protect and help his squadmates no matter the cost.

I remembered what Eren did in the first mission in the tombs.

Even though he's brutal and ruthless in combat battles, he is not heartless. Maybe quiet, perhaps cold but he still cares about what happens to us, I can't explain it in any other way.

I finally reached the lake I first met Zero two. And I was right, she was there, standing between two trees, her beautiful pink hair was wet and some drops of water were dripping on the ground.

After all the things Eren said about her, I'm certain she must be very troubled and conflicted.

I approached her firmly and she must have figured it was me.

"Everything smells nice after it rains huh ?" She stated softly yet so peacefully "Make it rain sometime again eh ?"

She then put her hands behind her back as her face turned to her playful and teasing one "Oh that's right, you can't" She pouted teasingly.

I giggled softly as she smiled and began walking away, I followed behind her as she walked through the shore of the massive wave of water. She pointed at a nearby tree, all too familiar.

"This is where we first met right ?" She exclaimed

"It's thanks to you, that I stand where I do today" I stated calmly "Because of you, I can pilot a FranXX"

She giggled turned to me "You're exactly right" She said and proceeded to unzip my shirt "Your partner is me, and me alone"

She stared at the massive blue tumor which was slowly killing me from the inside with a straight face as if such a sight was completely normal to her. Like she saw that often, so often that she got used to it and ended up getting bored just seeing it as she extended her right hand and rubbed it against the blue scar. Her expression even though empty and cold, it looked, relieved.

"You know don't you" She questioned. I didn't answer which gave her the chance to continue "Anyone who has ever rode with me........has died after the third ride"

"Are you sure you want this ?" She asked with a smile "This is your last chance to get off. So which is it gonna be ?"