Chapter X: Keep Moving Forward

Mistiltein

3rd Person Pov

After the horrific and ravagious battle between the Attack Titan and Argentea, the FranXX's pilots were taken immediately to the infirmary. But the battle ended with the Eren Jaeger's victory and so his place in squad 13 was finally secured.

But while some were suspicious of the stranger Jaeger, others were terrified by him and others scared to the bone by his presence alone. While 2 certain individual members had mixed feelings about the newcomer.

Those two were The child Prodigy Code 016 and The Partner Killer Code 002.

Hiro was conflicted by Eren's ruthlessness and no remorse when he brawled with Argentea. And Zero two was not troubled by his brutal nature but only cared that he was different, like her Darling. Like him, he didn't judge or was afraid of her horns and story. And the fact that he also despised the humans increased her amazement even more. There was now someone else who she could relate to, someone who wasn't human and despised the people of APE and most Humans.

After the whole incident, Ichigo informed squad 13 that Miku and Zorome were taken to the hospital with minimal physical injuries, and while that relieved the members they were more worried about their mental health. After such a terrifying battle, they were sure it was going to take a while for them to fully recover. Ichigo's eyes were getting watery, she regretted having volunteering as Hiro's partner. If she didn't, then Hiro might have had a chance to stay and there was a greater chance for Eren to lose.

As the kids excluding Hiro and Zero two were walking back to the house, no one spoke a word ever since they heard the news. Kokoro decided to break the silence with her caring demeanor.

"I can't believe Eren did this." she said.

"It's awful" Futoshi added.

"I doubt they will be the same again" Goro mused.

"But he did warned them that he'll show no mercy. It's Zorome's fault that this happened. Because he cared more about his pride than his partner" Mitsuru exclaimed coldly easily angering his squadmates.

"Mitsuru!" Goro snapped

"Am I wrong ?!" Mitsuru snapped back. No one responded, "That's what I thought".

Up until now, Ichigo looked down but decided to finally speak.

"It's my fault this happened. I tried to keep Hiro safe, to keep him away from Zero two, because I thought that this was the only way to save him. But I don't know what to do anymore. And the fact that Eren won and now is a member of our squad makes me feel even more awful" She said, now on the verge of tears.

"We cannot do anything about it. It was an order straight from PAPA. All we can do, is trust that Eren won't hurt us. Goro reassured with a anxious and sad tone.

"He already did" She replied without facing him. "We can't trust him".

When they finally reached the house, they felt that something was off. While all the lights were turned off, the house's doors were open.

"Did Hiro, Zero two and Eren come back ?" Goro questioned sweating a little.

"Y-Yeah, that's what Miss Nana told me" Ichigo claimed.

They slowly entered the house and decided to search for their other members. They split into 3 groups of 2, Ichigo and Kokoro searched the girls dorms, Mitsuru and Futoshi searched the boys dorms and Goro and Ikuno searched the rooms in the ground floor.

After they searched the dinning hall they were at the lounge,

"Hey Ikuno ?". Goro said

"Yeah ?". Ikuno replied