37❄️

My parents acted like starving idiots but it was funny and Libby just kept bringing food to the table

Once they left I went to get some things at the house while Reyah stayed behind to help her mom clean up.

She gave my parents so many leftovers. Jerrick asked if he could move in.

I shook my head pulling into the driveway. I went inside grabbed our stuff and when I came back out to the truck Jerrick pulled up.

"Man that woman can cook!"

"I know right? Libby is a sweetheart."

"What's up? where are you going?"

"Just came to get a few things. We are staying with Libby tonight."

"Oh, I was coming over for a bit." He laughed.

"You're more than welcome to come back with us Jer."

"No I'll just head on home I don't want to intrude."

"You're not intruding. Just follow me back."

"Alright, then I can do that."

I get in the truck and head back to Libby's. Once parked and walk back in I announced that Jerrick come back with me.

"Well get on in here Jerrick," Libby said.

"I told Madden if you feed me like that all the time I would move in." Jerrick laughed.

"I might need a roommate." Libby laughed.

"I guess I'm chopped liver." Reyah laughed.

"Oh Reyah you know better but you stay with Madden so much and I'm alone."

"That's why we are here tonight." I smiled.

"I'm glad you kids are here. It's hard being here without Russ even though I put on a brave face."

"I know you do mom because I do too." Reyah smiled over at her mom.

Once it got later and the snow begin falling again Jerrick said he would stay if it was ok with Libby which she didn't care about.

She made him a nice bed on the couch and I followed Reyah upstairs to her old bedroom.

When I walked in she was holding Spooky in her arms with her head down.

"What's the matter?"

"Just missing my dad. Certain things bring up this feeling that makes me miss him even more."

"I'm sorry I wish there was something I could do Reyah."

"Just hold me is pretty much it. But I need to go tell my mom goodnight and I need to grab something for Spooky to pee on in the bathroom."

While she was gone I snuggled Spooky and he laid down on my chest and curled up and went to sleep so I cut the tv on.

It wasn't long until Reyah came back and she stopped in the doorway and smiled when she saw Spooky.

"I have newspaper and I got him a bowl of water. Do you think he needs more food?"

"Maybe so and that will wake him for sure. I have some wet in that Tupperware." I said.

She got it all fixed in the bathroom and once he heard the container open he scampered off to find her.

When she walked back into the room she had him in her arms and he had food all over his face.

"What did you do to Spooky?" I laughed.

"He decided to dip his head in it." She giggled.

"Now he smells." I laugh as she handed him to me and got in bed.

"Having a cat is a lot of responsibility that I don't remember as a kid." She laughed.

"Yeah because your parents took care of it Reyah."

"More than likely so." She giggled as Spooky cuddled up on her breast.

"Now he's invading my territory."

"Really Madden? Are you jealous?"

"Maybe a little bit but I can't do it in your mom's house that would be weird."

"If my dad was alive you wouldn't be allowed in my room." She said.

"I wouldn't think so. It's funny he always talked about you but I had no idea you were an adult. He talked like you were his little girl."

"It's because I was Madden."

"I'm sorry you lost your dad babe. I know I don't know how that feels but my heart hurts for you."

"Thank you! It's hard and I can't explain how I feel."

"It's ok. Just let me and Spooky cuddle, you babe."

"Sounds good. Goodnight Madden."

"Nite."

The next morning I woke up to Spooky laying on my face licking my eyebrow and Reyah was giggling.

"It's funny huh?"

"Sure looks it. I even got a picture of it." She giggled.

Once I pulled the little kitten off of my face I looked over at her and she was smiling.

"Ready to go downstairs for breakfast?" She asked.

"Yeah, I'm hungry but should probably feed this guy first," I said getting off the bed.

She followed me in the bathroom and gave him more can food and the kitten acts crazy.

Once he eat and used the potty Reyah changed it while I put his little bed down in the bedroom.

We walked downstairs and heard laughing and I turned and looked at Reyah.

She shrugged and smirked as we walked on down the steps. Once in the kitchen Libby and Jerrick were in the kitchen with aprons on cooking.

"Jerrick is cooking?" I asked.

"Yeah, Libby is teaching me cool stuff. Will you eat my pancakes Mad?"

"As long as they aren't poisonous."

"Oh, Madden honey I helped him so nothing is wrong with them," Libby said.

"Alright count me in then." I smiled as Reyah sit beside me.

"I will take some to Jerrick," Reyah said.

"Yay! I'm a cook now." He laughs.

I have to admit they were pretty good. I know he can't cook but he seems pretty happy and Libby does too.

"So what do you think?"

"They taste good Jer. What's for dinner?" I laugh.

"Whatever Libby helps me make." He smiles.

"Jerrick won't your parents miss you at home?" Reyah asks.

"Nope they know I'm with you guys and I'm learning to cook." He smiled.

My parents are getting a break from him and It's going to be a long few days stuck inside with all the snow.