She is the first person in his life who asks him about how he is.

She is the first person in his life who makes sure that he is having his meals or not. The last week has been the first time since he has not skipped his dinner.

She is the first person in his life who came to check up on him when he did not reach home on time. Whereas on other days, he would go home after 02 AM on some days and no one would ask him about his well-being or did he have his dinner or not.

She is that first person in his life who has become his reason to go home on time now. Now he has this thing in mind that someone is waiting for him at home and will get worried if he is late.

He is smiling because of her.

He is talking because of her.

He is expressing himself because of her. Even though he is open to her for now, he is trying.

She has become his exception, and he has become hers.

Both have someone to rely on, a shoulder to lean on, a person they can trust.

(Coming back to the present situation, she keeps holding his hand, and he keeps standing with his back when she speaks up.)

Riya- You don't have to hide your pain, Manik. It's okay to fall weak sometimes. It's okay if you want to vent out your emotions. I won't judge you, I promise. Please don't do this to yourself, Manik. You don't have to suffer alone. I am here for you.

Manik (in a choked voice)- You are lying. I know you will leave me. Everybody does.

Riya- No, I won't, Manik. I will never go away. No matter what. I won't leave you alone ever.

(His hold keeps tightening on her hand, and she keeps stroking her thumb on his hand to calm the storm going on inside him.)

Manik- You won't leave me if I scream at you or get angry at you for small things?

Riya- Bilkul bhi nahi.

[Riya- Not at all.]

Manik (cracking voice)- And what if everyone is against me? When the universe stands against me with its theories and proofs... will you still support me?

(Riya pauses for a moment and takes a deep sigh; he thinks her answer will be a no, so he closes his eyes in pain.)

Manik- I knew...

Riya- Yes.

(He says nothing, so she continues.)

Riya- Even if everyone is showing me proofs or giving theories against you... then too, I will only trust what you say to me, Manik.

(He turns to her and comes to her, still holding her hand.)

Manik- You are not lying, right? Don't play more games with me, please. If you want to leave, you can. I don't have the strength left to get up once again. One more distrust will surely finish everything for me. And...

(She keeps her hand on his mouth to stop him from talking rubbish, and he looks at her.)

Riya- Shhhh. Don't talk about things that will never happen. I won't let you fall.

(He holds her hand and caresses it while she lets him do whatever he is doing.)

Manik- Thank you. Thank you for not leaving. I thought you would laugh at my weakness if I fell weak.