𝟒𝟒

I try to publish the entire ending of my books all at once. I'm not finished writing it at this moment, but I hope to be soon (currently avoiding studying for my chemistry unit test, lol) so if you get spammed with like five new updates, don't be surprised. I love you all. Thank you for being here. I appreciate you more than you know.

*drastically unedited and written during a mental breakdown over writing*

Chapter Forty-Four

With her signal, the guards that had previously seemed like five multiplied to ten, then fifteen. Fifteen armed men drew their guns and pointed them at the Amirs. Rannia couldn't look at Mykel's face, but she knew what she would see if she did.

Mykel was generally an angry person. 

But with her, he was not. He was... he was in pain.

She could only imagine the same expression reflected on her own.

"Tie them up," Rannia ordered next. Like clockwork, the guards fanned out with ropes and started shoving all seven Amirs into the chairs at the back of the room. When one of them tried to grab Mykel, he resisted, slamming his fist directly into the guard's face. The man stumbled backward at the force of the blow, hands lifted to his face where a bleeding nose grew.

Rannia's eyes darted towards the little scene. Before more guards could replace their fallen comrade and subdue the resisting captive, Rannia held out a hand and everyone froze. It was the power she held; where her power over the guards was what money could buy, the pure look of confusion and betrayal lining Mykel's eyes was something she could only sell her soul for.

It is your fault you loved someone as unlovable as me, she wanted to say to him. But instead, she grit her teeth and glared at him. "If you resist, you will be shot dead. Is that what you want?"

"Rannia--!" It was Carter, struggling from his place already tied to a chair. A guard pushed a hand to the boy's forehead and slammed his head back into the wall, causing him to curse and tears to line his eyes. "What are you doing? Who--" he put it together before anyone else did. "Who are you?"

Something clicked in Mykel's gaze, and he whirled back to look at someone he had loved. Someone he still did.

"No," he spat out, voice barely a whisper. His eyes widened into those furious black pits of rage that reminded Rannia of his father, Aziel.

"Please let them put you in your place, Mykel," was all Rannia could say. Her endearing term for the man, brat, had almost slipped her tongue. Her inability to say it stung her throat like venom. The poisonous solution slowly spread through her body, and just like that, she was in pain. So, so much pain.

"You're an Amir." The pain made her vision blurry. It was the kind of pain that could only be blossomed from a bleeding heart. The rose thorns she prided around her for protection were now spiking inwards. Killing her, slowly.

She tilted her head to the side, ignoring the way she had to bite back tears from her eyes. "It is where you belong, anyways."

"Garcia." It was more a statement than a question because Mykel already fully knew the answer. "Garcia," he repeated again, as if saying the word would make it disappear. As if having it disappear would make it any less real.

"My name is Rannia Romero, but yes, I have also adopted the name Garcia." She nodded slowly, watching as Mykel's resolve weakened and his strong body was led to be tied down.

"Romero?" Romina's voice broke out, less trembly than before. Rannia looked at the older woman, seeing as realization passed over her features. "Daughter of..."