Chapter 52- Finale. Pt.1

Having taken their positions, everyone sat in their designated positions. As he sat at the window of Fisk Industries, Miles crouched down, invisible to the human eye. He felt that someone was waiting for him inside the building, even though the lights were dim, and no one appeared to be inside.

He could hear heavy breathing behind him, as Peter hung just above him. "Peter, you really gotta stop breathing so heavily man. When was the last time you went to the gym?" Miles whispered. Spider-Ham snickered.

"HAH! He just called you fat!" he exclaimed, whispering with humor, accidentally snorting and covering his snout.

"Shut it, pork-face. And for your information, Miles, the swing here was exhausting. How are you not tired?"

Peni shushed the men, SP//dr shaking his head as he pointed at the window, his metallic finger clicking against the gas. There was a shadow entering the room, and the shape looked widely familiar.

"Is that Kingpin?" Spider-Ham whispered.

"Well assuming we haven't faced an enemy of his body mass before, then yes," Noir said, and everyone jumped, not able to see him in the dark night sky. "Oh come on, never seen a guy in black in the middle of the night before?"

"You could have had a better choice of color you know," Peter says, clutching his chest.

"Shut up!" Miles shushed them as more shadows appeared in the doorway. Very faint conversation was being made out.

"We bust in?" Peter asked.

Miles scanned the room, and crawled down a little further, seeing the group of supervillains. Kingpin, Tombstone, Olivia, Scorpion, and another supervillain he hadn't recognized, a muscular guy in a dark suit with a horn on the front of the suit.

"There are five of them, and we're pretty much outnumbered..." Miles whispered, and there were two thuds suddenly on the roof. The Spiders quickly whipped around, tense, but they relax once they recognized McKenzie and Amadeus.

"Sorry we're late, Tin Man over here had trouble with his suit," McKenzie says, jabbing a thumb in Amadeus's direction, whose eyes widened in offense.

"It malfunctioned! It's not my fault!"

"It's so your damn fault if you steal it!"

"I built it!"

"Yeah likely st-"

"SSSHH!" All of the superheroes shushed them, and they both rolled their eyes, crouching down. Miles saw the shadows move, hearing the noise.

"We need to move in. We have more people now, so we have more of a chance," Miles says, looking back at his peers.

"Just let us know how and when to move, and we'll do it. For Gwen too, since she...couldn't be here." McKenzie's eyes saddened, turning into semicircles.

I'm going to get her for you, Gwen. Miles thought to himself.

"Alright...here's the plan."

...

All was silent in the boardroom of Fisk Industries until a shadow's foot swung towards the window, then thumped against the glass, the leg being overextended, and the shadow grunted. "OW! That hurts! Usually that works!"

"Miles, this is not a superhero movie where we could make a cool entrance like the one you were planning, maybe because...I don't know, maybe last year made them a little more careful about their security?"

"You know Noir, that's really helpful."

"Really? No one usually likes my advice."

"It was sarcasm, dude."