I turned to leave, not wanting to leave Hailey alone for much longer. She's probably scared out of her mind, but she'd be even more scared if she knew somebody was willing to pay 2 million dollars to kill her.

And she won't get killed by a random pair of hands. She'll get killed by the same ones she feels safe around; mine.

But I bet the person that wants her dead is Malcolm Bernard. I might as well figure it out before I do anything - I still have 28 days.

I opened the closet door and saw her standing exactly where I left her. She looked up at me with her brown eyes and asked, "What happened?"

"Nothing, nobody's here I don't think. Come on, I'll drive you home," I said while placing my hand on her lower back.

She nodded and I walked her to my car, unlocking it once we were outside. We got in and I put my keys in, turning on my car. She spoke excitedly, "It looks so good!"

I looked at what she was talking about and realized it was the keychain she got me. I must've forgotten to take it off and throw it out.

I started the drive home and kept quiet the entire time. We've talked enough tonight, we don't need to anymore. She didn't speak either, she just looked out of her window. I could tell she was still a little scared from what happened tonight, which just served as a reminder to me that she and I are from different worlds.

I parked in her driveway and unlocked her door. I kept looking forward even though I could feel her looking at me. Her soft voice spoke, "Thank you for driving me home."

I just nodded, not looking at her. She got out and I found myself sitting there, waiting to see her get inside.

"The fuck am I doing," I said under my breath once she entered her house.

Before closing her door she turned around and gave me a small wave and smile. I just looked backward, reversing my car out of her driveway. 

I drove along the road, feeling confused with myself.

What the fuck am I doing?

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

MARCH 4TH

H A I L E Y

I walked with Reid to his house, happy to be done with my classes for today. Reid didn't have any today, but he waited outside of my class for me to be done. 

"Okay, so 100 companies are responsible for 71% of industrial emissions but Reid Black has to drink his coffee with a soggy paper straw?" Reid complained, picking the straw out of his drink and throwing it into a garbage bin.

I laughed and was going to respond when his phone buzzed. I spoke in a teasing tone, "Is that Brunooooo?"

"Shut up. Maybe it is, or maybe it's your dad," He said with a smile while reading his text.

I peeked and read part of the message. My face lit up, "Reid! He wants to go on a date with you!"

"I know. But I'm nervous," he said while putting his phone back in his pocket.

I nodded, "Well that's normal. But you like him and he likes you, so just try not to overthink it."

I wanted to tell Reid about yesterday, but I wasn't sure exactly what to say. Eventually, I just went for it and said, "So, I saw Aero yesterday."

His eyes widened and his eyebrows raised, "Really?"

"Yea. I went to a party with this guy and I saw him there. But there was some shooting, I don't think anybody died but Aero had a gun with him. Do you know why?" I asked him.