Chapter Ten

Warning: It's a little spicy at the beginning

~

Akaza was so shocked at the sudden movement he couldn't help but push the other away. Putting his hand to his lips unsure of how to take the situation. It felt so warm but so foreign to him, he hasn't kissed anyone in this lifetime nor did he suspect his first to be taken by his enemy. "Kyojuro? '' Akaza says, keeping his eyes off the other too embarrassed to even glance at him. Akaza was supposed to be mad at the other, why couldn't Akaza just be mad at the other.

Kyojuro was terrified by the reaction of the other, Kyojuro just played into the moment. Kyojuro hadn't even realized liking men was a possibility till he kissed him only then did everything he had felt a click. Kyojuro wanted to kiss the other again but he couldn't, not with how the other was reacting in the current situation. " Hakuji— I'm so sorry please don't let this affect our frien— " the other was rudely cut off by the other once more pulling them in for a kiss.

Akaza began moving them both towards the bed by pushing himself deeper into Kyojuro; once close enough Akaza pushed the other down to be in a sitting position climbing onto him. Akaza only pulls back from the kiss once he's found comfortable seating in Kyojuros' lap, basically gasping for air at this point. Akaza didn't want to go farther but he finally got the chance to relish in the others' warmth so by no means would he say no if the other asked to continue.

Kyojuro was a tad bit more out of breath from the others' spontaneous movements, however, it looked as though the other was a lot more flushed than he was. It was cute to him. They hadn't done anything inherently sexual yet both seemed so lustful in the situation. " Let's— not do this now. " Kyojuro admits reluctantly, disappointed in his own words since he wished to continue, but something was nagging him that it was a bad idea.

Akaza sighs, finally catching his breath, looking almost disappointed but relieved by the others' decision. " I had hoped that was your decision, I doubt either of us are ready— " Akaza pulls the other in once more, however, he keeps himself from doing anything.

Kyojuro's face, still fully flushed and the reluctance the other is giving to leave his lap he pulls them both over. " I shall sleep here today—? " Kyojuro half questions, however, he wished it to be more in demand. Akaza nods as he shifts to remove the haori, it was wrapping around him in ways he wished it not to. Tossing the haori to the foot of the bed, Akaza embraces the warmth of the other passing out instantaneously; The warmth disappears by the next night and life gets a lot harder for Akaza.

It had been a week since Akaza's happy moments were engulfed in warmth, now it was only small moments they shared. Akaza's 'mother' had become deathly ill and both of them had enough brains to understand it was her time. Akaza didn't let this stop him from doing the best he could to prolong her life, after all, she happily welcomed him into her home. Akaza had a bond with her by this point, he couldn't just let her die even if he wanted to.

The inn was all over the place with Akaza's attention mostly being on her while he was the only one who could tend to the rest of the inn. Kyojuro did stop by often to help out, day by day Akaza had become more stressed by the loads of work he has been given. Akaza couldn't even eat everything that was going on and there was little time to even tend to himself, Akaza was desperately clinging to strings, old and broken.

Kyojuro had just gotten off of his daily night hunts that have begun to get neglected; he decided to force Hakuji to take a break today— there is no way it could be healthy for the other to overwork himself like he was. Kyojuro hadn't even had a chance to discuss what he was to the other, after the kiss and all. Kyojuro couldn't think straight this whole week due to it, he didn't even know if the other swung the way he intended; In all honesty, Akaza could just be avoiding him and this ordeal was just extra convenient.

Akaza was in his mothers' room changing out the cloth he had placed on her head to keep her body temperature under less stress. She was sleeping peacefully in the care of her dearest. She had already handed her fortunes to Akaza for him to pick an heir or keep it himself. Akaza just planned to give it to Kyojuro since he most likely wasn't gonna be able to stay much longer— demon slayers have been on the move and he just recently disbanded the lower moons so things were and are stressful for 'him' and us.

Kyojuro slides the door open gently so as to not spook the other, however, it doesn't work Akaza jumping at the intrusion. " Calm down it's just me— " Kyojuro gives a smile as he closes the space of the vacant room between them. Akaza quickly drags the other out, shutting the door Kyojuro had just opened. " Shhh— let's take this back to my room?" Akaza says questioningly though he doesn't waste time to hear the others reply and in turn, drags him to his own room.

Kyojuro can't bring himself to tell the others to take a break but he sure as hell wouldn't just sit and let Akaza destroy himself slowly. Kyojuro pushes the other down onto the bed as he takes a seat on it. " sleep today, I'll do the work " Kyojuro basically demands as his hand brushes the hair of the other back. Akaza wishes to protest but nothing seems to form in his mouth. Akaza ends up just sucking it up, closing his eyes, and rolling over till he's in the desired comfort.

Kyojuro smiles contemptibly at the others' peaceful sleeping and little to no protest to his request. Spending a few minutes with the other he decides it's best to get up and go do what he promised to do for the other. Kyojuro darkens Akazas room leaving him to begin his long workday going through everything he can think up to do; First, opening the inn up, secondly, dishes, and finally attending the guests till the day was noon, then dusk, and finally nighttime.

Kyojuro went through the chores once more as he was closing, just as he was sweeping the last bit of grime out and locking up, a groggy Akaza came down to greet the one who kindly took over his chores for him. Akaza smiles, basically walking into the other in an effort to get a hug, which Kyojuro greatly indulges in. " You can ask for help— overworking yourself is a terrible idea. " Kyojuro rests his hand in the other's hair as the other groans at his commentary.

" You could gain from being nicer— " Akaza complains as he pulls himself from the hug reluctantly. " I am being nice—? Can I not care for your well-being? '' Kyojuro looks genuinely confused by the others' reluctance to accept his advice. Akaza, confused by the others' words, he had thought they were genuinely snarky remarks— why should he care for him so much?— Akaza brushes the others' question off.

"No— Nevermind, I was joking." Akaza sighs before looking back at the other. " You should go home, it's been two days you have been awake now— get some rest. '' Akaza smiles, planning to go get some more food once the other leaves. Kyojuro thinks before it dawns on him the other is telling the truth it has been two days since he's slept and his body was reacting to it. " You are correct. Can I come by tomorrow? '' Kyojuro beams down at the other awaiting the other's response, which is undoubtedly, yes.

With Akaza's answer, Kyojuro leaves him to go back to his house. The night was once longer but Kyojuro was grateful, his mind filled with great thoughts about the other. Kyojuro slept the whole night and even into some of the next day. Kyojuro the next morning was a bit sore from sleeping so still in the night gaining a few bedsores from his careless behavior.

Akaza, after Kyojuro had left, did go out to indulge in food though it was once more cut off by a sickening feeling. The sickly feeling of guilt, his relation with Kyojuro was affecting his eating. Demons had to eat to get stronger, Akaza also had to take Douma's spot— why?— why was Kyojuro affecting his actions so much? Akaza grumbles hateful words to Kyojuro under his breath the whole walk back.

Akaza doesn't regret becoming a demon, if he didn't he wouldn't be able to meet Kyojuro. Akaza doesn't regret it to an extent, the feelings he had for Kyojuro couldn't be fulfilled. Akaza as a demon is destined to part ways with the other, why did Akaza have to stay in this town? If Akaza had just stuck to the original plan of leaving in a day's time there wouldn't be any problems.

Akaza steps back into the inn after his hunt that had ended in a night walk, the air had been well though. Akaza heads back up to his mom's room once more to change out her cloth, and as soon as he finishes he leaves to take refuge in his room. The sun was coming up anyway so Akaza was already tired. Sinking into his covers he passes out immediately not ready for the days to follow. 

~

1646 Words

Sorry this took so long <3 

I got sick, though I'm feeling better now!