Chapter Four

Kyojuro kept repeating the name of the inn under his breath as on his way home, desperately trying to remember the street it was on— He couldn't lose Hakuji, not till his questions were answered. As Kyojuro neared his house, the slight teetering of pink hair could be seen till it gained to a pink and lime ombre. A short woman with a curvy build came into view, her uniform doing no job to hide anything; either she doesn't care or she doesn't realize the essence of her uniform. Kyojuro shuffled past her, tending to the wounded before diving into personal business.

Mitsuri was in a conversation anyway, so it would have been rude to interrupt. During the times Mitsuri was training under him, she and his younger brother became rather close. Senjuro always enjoyed their time together, especially because he could try out new dishes— Senjuro's passion was cooking. Mitsuri was Kyojuro's best friend and beloved disciple.

Kyojuro came out of the nursing room, having left the servants gifted from the butterfly mansion to do the job of tending to the now two hurt women. Kyojuro takes a seat next to Mitsuri as she cheerfully perks up. "Such a hard working and passionate man as always! Just like an older brother to all, Rengoku-san." Kyojuro thinks about the comment— as her compliment claims, he does aim to be dependable and a beacon of light for those in peril or need— you could say he is, what one would say, 'a big brother to all.' Kyojuro decides to accept and bask in the fact.

Kyojuro gives a nod of approval to Mitsuri as she clasps her hands together, Kyojuro was much too modest to accept most of her compliments, so this is a rare occasion. "Kanroji- what brings you out here it couldn't be for training? You have work don't you— are Hasira busy?" The pink Hashira giggles at the comment Mitsuri had just been passing through, since Kyojuro was on a slight break, she took over his duties.

Mitsuri shakes her head softly. "I had to come for some of Senjuros food! Only kidding, I'm passing by, but Senjuros food does sound nice!" Mitsuri turns her head to Senjuro, who is happily sweeping, and begs with her eyes. Senjuro obliged to her silent pleads and set the broom against the wall before running to the kitchen. Mitsuri then turns back to Kyojiro, who's half zoned out. She waves one hand in front of him—no reaction— she adds another before Kyojuro is stolen from his happy place with a faint pained noise. Kyojuro abruptly stands up and looks down to Mitsuri "I'm sorry, Kanroji, but I have to go— I have business I must attend too." Kyojuro almost turns to leave but is pulled down by a not-so-happy Mitsuri.

She promptly gives a pout at Kyojuro but her expression dulls when she sees Kyojuro is actually pained by something, the Kyojuro she holds dearest finds something painful outside of work— was it a potential love interest for her bachelor friend? Mitsuri only gets excited by this; Mitsuri was the 'Hashira of Love' after all! "Rengoku, what's bothering you? I've never seen our most level-headed Hashira so upset over anything. " Mitsuri questions delicately, scared her words might trigger him—he's never been like this before.

Kyojuros eyebrows furrow. He's deciding if he should tell her or not. They were best friends—was it really that troublesome that he couldn't tell her? Kyojuros mouth starts a few times before his facial features relax "There's this guy—" The thought of Hakuji's name put a sour taste in his mouth, he wouldn't dare say his name to another for, then they might be plagued by him too.

Mitsuri's eyes widened— did her bachelor want another bachelor instead of a bachelorette? Mitsuri, by no means, was anywhere near homophobic (she herself questioned her sexuality at one point, but she termminated the idea of liking girls after awhile) but this shocked her. She wholeheartedly accepted Kyojuro for who he is and it will always be that way, it was just a little surprising. "Rengoku, are you coming out to me?" The words slip past her lips. Kyojuro's disgusted face, however, said it all.