Eiji (Nochizawa Eiji)

Character : Nochizawa Eiji
Anime : Sword Art Online - Ordinal Scale
Pairing : Eiji x fem!reader
Fic type : Fluff

******************

Following the launch of the augma, you weren't particularly excited by your professor pitting you against the other SAO survivors which is why.... You told your fellow course mate, Nochizawa Eiji that he could do the dirty work. You didn't want to have a hand in any form of direct confrontation since you didn't exactly have any idea what his end goal was, you decided you would stay out of it and keep your hands away from the exosuit he had Eiji try on, you were fast enough to fight and win either way.

The first AR battle had your shoulders extremely tense as you stood on a platform with Eiji, your eyes trying to focus on the battle happening below, but you couldn't stop fidgeting at every sound.

Sighing, the male came up behind you and tapped on your augma "keep your eyes on the boss, then you'll see a small scope, it's main job is to blur in and out of focus, zooming in on the smaller objects-" you turned around, your nose brushing his "You don't have to stand directly behind me, you know. I'm going to be nervous either way since I'm not sure if that thing follows the same attack pattern as it did in SAO"

The brunette blinked back tears as he asked "Why is your breath so minty??? Did you use a whole tube of toothpaste before coming out tonight? Jeez" you rolled your eyes and turned away from him as you tossed a pack of sweets over your shoulder at him "That's the source of my minty breath. Want one?" Eiji grabbed the mints out of the air and your eyes widened slightly.

That was one of the power ups the exosuit granted him and you were wondering why you turned down the damned thing in the first place "Don't tell me you're regretting not accepting your own exosuit..... Also, why is your ordinal scale outfit different?"

You smiled as you answered playfully "I don't know, Nochizawa-san..... Am I? And this is a test for Professor Shigemura, although I requested for this, he's also testing it out, he's thinking about doing some different ones later and incorporating it onto the system to fit different types of people. Also, can I have my mints back now?"

"They're mine now. Get some more later" he huffed at you as he emptied the entire pack of mints into his mouth. Wide eyed, you jumped on him and shoved two of your fingers into his mouth "How dare you?! Give it back! Give it-"

He furrowed his brows and raised his tongue, licking your fingers as he grabbed at your waist to push you off. Flustered, you smacked him in the face, sending him flying off the balcony of the building you were both standing on. Realizing what you did, you gasped "Nochizawa-san! I'm so sorry!"

Moments like this made you wonder what you were to Eiji as he would be so comfortable with you at times and at others, he would push you away and you'd both end up missing each other so much, the air would be awkward since you refused to speak to him, until he caved and apologized.

But you were intent on finding out just what it was that made him keep his distance most of the time. You had slowly come to love him, despite all his flaws and you wanted to be closer to him, much closer than you were now.

Jumping out of the tower after him, you stretched your hand out to him as you wanted to help him so he wouldn't get hurt, but it seemed Eiji was only concerned about you as he grabbed your hand and spun, pulling you along before tossing you at the floor boss's body.

Stabbing your sword into the samurai armor, you ran down it's body, dragging your sword through it's armor before you couldn't run anymore and toppled over, yanking your sword out of it's body as you fell 'Hopefully, I can break my fall if I get close enough to the ground without-'