Chapter Five: I Can't Hide Anymore

A/N: Thank you all for the comments on the last chapter - trust me I feel you all on the 'please let Maya talk to Carina'! I would say this is a bit of a filler chapter but there were a few things I mentioned in previous chapters that get explored more in here so I hope you enjoy regardless!

"You know watching these were never the same without you," Carina said, her head on Maya's shoulder as they watched the sun rise over the horizon.

"Neither," Maya agreed, her fingers gently drawing a pattern down the brunette's back, their feet in the sand as they sat together.

A peaceful silence fell over them - both just enjoying the serenity of the moment, the calm and the smell of salt in the air, the wistful breeze brushing through the air. It was like the first time all over again.

"How are you feeling about later?"

"About meeting your brother? I'm feeling okay. I just hope he likes me," Maya admitted.

"He already does - he just...wants to meet you properly. He will probably go all younger brother on you and try and intimidate you but don't take any notice of him," she chuckled.

"I mean I am sort of intimidated by him - he's your brother! The closest you have to family and what if I mess up!"

"You won't Bambina - he knows how happy you make me. Trust me. Don't tell him about him intimidating you though - you'll give him an ego boost," Carina warned.

"Noted," Maya laughed. "Ready to go?"

"Sì - only you would convince me to meet you here at such an illegal time," Carina said.

"I would hardly say six am is illegal," Maya laughed as they dusted themselves off of the sand. "Plus wouldn't you say that the benefits outweighed the inconvenience of waking up early?"

"Hm I suppose they did," Carina laughed, turning her head over her shoulder and giving Maya a smile as they walked backward to Carina's car. "I still can't believe you ran here!" She exclaimed. She received a text from Maya last night - Carina's week off work having come to an end and meaning she decided to return back to her apartment instead of staying at the blonde's - saying to meet her at their spot by six thirty. Of course Maya had wanted them to watch the sunrise together....because what else would be a better way to start their day?

"Why?"

"It's like ten miles!"

"Olympic gold medalist," Maya just replied with a small smirk.

"Oh whatever - you athletic crazed person!"

"Right in the heart Dr DeLuca," Maya replied, pretending to clutch at her chest.

"Oh shut up!" Carina laughed, pulling Maya towards her and kissing her. "Thank you for starting our day off like this," she continued, their foreheads touching as the sun continued to rise behind them.

"You're welcome, my love. Now, back to mine so we can change and go and meet Andrew?" She suggested.

"Let's go! Come on we are going to be late!" Maya called from the front door.

"Yes! Yes! I'm here," Carina replied running out from the bedroom.

"You look beautiful, now hurry up!" Carina finally exited Maya's apartment and with a sigh the blonde locked the door before they headed out meet Andrew.

"I don't know what takes you so long," Maya laughed, sitting in the passenger seat of Carina's Porsche.

"I just does - plus I was trying to find a specific shirt but I realised it's back at my place," Carina explained as they neared the small coffee shop where they would meet Andrew.