I rub my knuckles and my hands sweat. "Right, sorry. Lily, does Diana actually, you know?"

"Actually what?"

"You know, the L word. "

"Lactose?" She responds and sits on the couch across from me.

"Dammit, Lily, don't make me say it."

She smiles, "Love?"

"Yeah, does she actually?"

She couldn't, possibly. No way.

"Does she actually love you?"

"Yeah."

"Why yes, of course! I've never seen her face light up the way it does when she talks about you. She's actually sharing her feelings with me now!" She says cheerfully.

I am dumbfounded by her response. "But how? How could she possibly love me? I don't get it."

"There's tons of things to love about everyone!"

I see why they were best friends. They were complete opposites. It was as if I was talking to a unicorn in the flesh or something. She was just so damn cheerful.

I lean closer, "Look uh I think I... you know… Diana."

Her smile only grows wider. "You what?"

"I L word her. Like a lot." My eyes grow wide, "Lily I fucking L word her!" I shout and stand up, realizing what I have just said.

Holy fucking shit.

"I L word her, Lily! Oh my fucking god I L word her!"

She stands up with me, "Well, why didn't you tell her!"

"Because I didn't understand. I couldn't understand why she could love me and I was scared alright!" I wipe the sweat from my head at this. "This shit is scary, Lily. Caring about people, listening, feelings, emotions, all of that. It's fucking terrifying."

But I L word her. So it doesn't matter. I'll deal with it happily.

I smile softly, "But Diana is worth it."

"Well then, what are you still doing here?"

"You're right. Come on, Lily. We gotta go." I stride to the door, expecting Lily to follow behind me.

"Oh, okay. Let me just grab a few things." She replies instead.

She goes to another room and I stand at the door waiting for her. Taking a glance around, I see nearly everything is bright. Bright orange couches. Light blue tables and chairs. Even the stand she had the living room television on was red.

Minutes later, I hear her scream and run in the direction she went. When I reach her room, I open the door and nearly puke at the side. A man's dick stares right at me.

I should have minded my own business.

I cover my eyes with my arm and face the other way, "Goddamn I didn't know you got down like that Lily!" I swallow the vomit that is trying to escape.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" She squeals. I hear her tell the guy to put his clothes on. He says he'll see her after work and when I hear him coming to the entrance, I move away as far as possible. Once he is completely gone, I move back inside her room.

"You can open your eyes now." she says

I open them cautiously, making sure the coast is clear. I move my arm and glare at Lily. She laughs and walks past me. I follow behind.