24. Wedding things

Start from the beginning

He grins and runs his thumb over my bottom lip slowly, "Well, that wouldn't be much fun now would it?" He replies, mocking my words. With that said, he walks out of his office.

"Stupid hot jerk." I mumble, following behind.

Soon we are in his car on our way to the cake testing place. Dante explains that after the cake testing, we're going to wine testing, and how I need to find a dress tomorrow.

I was loving this organized Dante. It was adorable watching Dante organize and plan everything the way I do instead of his usual nonchalant self. Although I liked his nonchalant self better. It was more like him.

Shortly after, we arrived at the cake testing place. A short blond haired woman tells us to wait in the waiting room until everything is ready. Dante takes this time to talk to someone on the phone. I daydream for some time, but that quickly grows boring. I also try naming all the cakes I could think of, but after a while that also becomes boring.

I turn to Dante and my eyes dart to his left arm. This arm was the complete opposite of the other. The other was buried in tattoos, cuts, veins, almost impossible to see his skin. But this arm only had one small lion tattoo on his shoulder.

I take a glance around the rest of his body and notice more tattoos. This grows my curiosity and soon I am counting all of his tattoos. It comes to a total amount of seven. I had thought it was more. He had three big tattoos on his right arm. One on his left arm. A big tattoo on his back that spelled his last name in Spanish with fire around it. One on his neck and the other on his knuckles, spelling, 'My daughter Lola' in Spanish.

He has another daughter?

I bring his knuckles together to see if I am correct. When I see I am correct, I touch his index knuckle.

"You have another daughter?" I whisper.

He puts a hand over the phone before responding, "No, that was Willow's nickname." He smiles softly before going back to his phone.

I nod and bring my attention back to his left arm, where it originally was.

A Koala would look so good right there.

I think to myself as I stare at the empty space in his arm. Curiosity gets the best of me and soon I am pulling a pen out.

Dante turns to me slowly at the feel of my pen on his arm.

"What are you doing?"

I smile, "Drawing a Koala."

"Yeah, I dig that, but is there a reason why?"

"Because they're my favorite. They're like the best animals in the world, idiot."

He laughs, "I should have known better."

I finish the Koala and sit up just as he puts his phone away. "Do better, Stone, do better." I say, and he only laughs as a response.

The woman calls us after this and sends us to a room. My eyes grow wide at the sight of tables with plates of cake.

"Wow." Dante and I say in sync.

All kinds of cake surrounded us. Chocolate cake, velvet cake, lemon cake, upside down cake, it was practically a cake museum!

The lady leads us to a chair as I speak. "We're supposed to try all of these?"

She chuckles, "Oh no dear, that'll take hours. Just try some until you get one you really like."

"That'll take a while." Dante mumbles as we sit.

I face him as my brows narrow. "Are you calling me picky?"

He shakes his head, "Nope."

"No, you can tell me. Am I picky to you, Dante?"

"It's not necessarily a bad thing."

"Wow." I replied. Crossing my arms, I sit back in my chair.

He pinches my cheek. "But you're my picky girl, baby."

"Don't call me t-" I am about to finish, but I remember the lady is still here. I fake a smile and grit my teeth as I speak. "Yes I am."

"Well, that's alright! Let's get started, shall we? Now, what is your favorite type of cake?" The woman asks.

"Chocolate." I respond, cheerfully

She turns to Dante. "And what about you?"

"Whatever she likes, I like."

"Alrighty then." The blond woman walks to every table, grabbing every plate with even an ounce of chocolate, and brings it back to our table. "I'll leave you guys to it." She says before leaving.

I lean forward and take a small bite of a chocolate cake with peanut filled in the middle.

Too gooey.

Dante turns to me with a frown, "I know for a fact you don't take small bites like that."

I roll my eyes and reply, "I was trying to be fancy alright."

I take a bigger bite on the next piece, stuffing my mouth. Dante smiles, "That's my girl!"

~~~

I stumble out of Dante's car and after closing the door, he walks to me and makes me lean on him.

"If I had known you were a lightweight, I would have done most of the wine testing."

I touch his chin and laugh. "Your chin looks like your buttcheek. So square and small." I reply as he leads us into the house.

"First of all, ouch. And second, my ass is amazing. Thank you very much."

That's what they all say buddy

"Whatever you say baby." I respond getting off of him and try to walk to the kitchen. When I make it I pump a fist.

I like drunk, Diana. Drunk Diana's fun. She's my friend.

"What did you just say?" He asks and follows me into the kitchen.

What did I say?

"I don't remember, what did I say?"

"You called me baby." He replies with a big smile. I touch his dimple.

Why is it so deep?

"What about it?"

"You never call me baby. You don't even like the name."

I have no idea what he's talking about, so I move him closer to me.

"Silence. It's good for the soul."

His smile only grows, and he stands behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and putting his head in the crook of my neck. "Okay, baby."

What a weirdo am I right?

••

Hello humans!

Hope y'all enjoyed this chapter and if you did please, vote, comment and share!