Drunk (One Shot)

*Y/N's P. O. V.*

I was preparing for a worse case scenario.

Jim isn't back yet and he hasn't replied to any of our messages. He was supposed to arrive back at the hideout five hours earlier but the man is nowhere to be found.

I already called some of his men to prepare to search for him and I'm actually gearing up myself to go out to pull him out of any situation he might be in, but before I can leave our place, a very drunken Moriarty finally stepped a foot in.

"God, where were you?! I've been worried sick!" I hurried to him as he drag himself inside.

The stench of alcohol hit my nose hard. He was wrecked on it. I've always seen him drunk, but never this drunk. I'm actually impressed that he's not suffering from alcohol poisoning. He must have drunk a lot tonight.

"Lost a bet," he slurred and that explains it. I know he loves to drink, but I also know he wouldn't let himself get this drunk in purpose.

My worries are now slowly turning into frustrations.

"What were you thinking? ! You're alone and got yourself this drunk?! What if something bad happened while you're in this state?! You can't even walk straight!" I said my frustrations out loud.

I know how he can be clumsy when he's like this. If he's already confident while sober, alcohol boosts that confidence of his to a hundred. And not only that - he also becomes unbearably flirty with anyone.

And for some reason, the latter was getting into my nerves more.

I basically dragged him towards the bathroom to somehow sober him up. I led him to lean against the sink before I prepare the shower for him.

He was unusually quiet but I can feel him deeply staring at me, he's like a bear ready to maul his prey, but I wasn't having it tonight. Jim is like this to everyone when he's drunk out his mind.

"Coat off," I went back to him to help him up and all he did was smirk.

"Ooohh, you're a bossy one. Exciting," he said. I realized then that he's so drunk that he doesn't recognize me. The stare he's giving me should have been an obvious indication of that, but I just realized it now.

I sighed and just helped him get his coat off and just like I suspected, he already had his fun. I can see lipstick stains around his collar and undershirt - it has different shades too.

I wanted to go off on him, but I've always anticipated this. He's different, right from the beginning he's someone nobody can limit and control. He's impulsive and will do anything he wants and I think he finally did. Within the five years of being with him, it's the first time I saw him slip out of our loop and it hurt me more than it should, but I know I should probably let it go.

He's a psychopath, he gets what he wants and this is one of the consequence I chose to accept when I claimed my role in his life.

I just stayed quiet and kept it all to myself now. Exploding now would turn bad especially when he doesn't even recognize who I am.

"In the shower, now," I said when I got his coat and shoes off. I pushed him inside the shower area with the water already turned on.

The moment he got in, I knew he'd do something like this - Jim pulled me in with him which instantly soaked me. I could see him smirking at me, but his stare is the same, he still doesn't know who I am. I think for him, I'm just one of those flings.

"I like the bossy ones better," he murmured.

Well duh, explains why you chose ME to live with you years ago.

Jim continued his flirty antics with me, but one difference I noticed is he was avoiding kissing me on the lips. He was all about placing kisses on my neck, but that was it. I guess he finds kissing boring when he's this drunk, but the more we stay here like this, the more I realize he's boring when this drunk.

I was anticipating him to go all out - to be somehow eager and forceful, but honestly, nothing was happening outside of playful neck kisses. I even managed to push him off when I had enough.

I just sighed and dragged him out of the shower once he got soaked enough. I helped him dry up then carried half of his weight by putting his arms over my shoulder before walking towards our bedroom.

Once we reached the room, something definitely changed. Jim quickly separated from me and just stood there. I sighed, looking at how lost he is - he looked at me, then the bed, then back to me again.

"What? Can't do it anymore? At your limit already?" I got feisty with him all of a sudden. The thoughts of him getting on with other people had gotten the best of me.

Moriarty suddenly laughed as he walked towards me, trying his hardest to keep a straight line. For some reason this made me walk back away until I was out the room.

"I'm sure you're lovely, dear, and I'm honored to receive the gesture but our playtime is over and I don't EVER stay in a room with anyone else," his flirty demeanor has now changed into an aggressive and threatening one. Clearly he's still at a lost and can't remember where he is and who he's with, but one thing is for sure now, he wanted me to back away, "Apologies for turning you down but I already have my one and only queen to do this with," he said confidently with a wink before shutting the door down to my face.

My one and only queen.

That how he always call me. He gave me that title years ago.

I was left speechless out there. Jim just threw me out of the room because I was implying getting it on with him and him having no capacity to recognize me, I was out of the picture in no time.

Suddenly, his actions earlier made sense too. He was playful but doesn't have any intention to take it any further. If he was like this with me, surely he's like this with everyone as well......and that means everything to me.

The man that can have anyone and everyone just showed me how he can turn people down for me. I know he never would have showed this side of his to me, but being drunk as hell somehow showed me this soft spot.

My frustrations and pain earlier was quickly dissolving and I'm left smiling stupidly to myself after being turned down for a sexy drunken night with my psychopath, "Dumbass," I murmured, now finding the situation funny.

Sometimes, I really can't tell if Moriarty is a genius criminal or a stubborn and dumb twelve year-old.

///🖤
Another well-known fluffy prompt 😅
Anywaysss sorry for being quiet, I've been busy!
Hopefully I can start writing more agaiiiin.
Thanks for reading 🖤