Psychopath x Empath (Part 3)

*Y/N's P. O. V.*

~One Week into the Vacation~

How has it not gone completely wrong yet? And how on earth am I actually enjoying all of this?

Last week, I was willing to bet my life that everything will just go down from day one. A psychopath and an empath alone together in a vacation should have gone in all the wrong way possible, but it didn't. In fact I think we created an unusual bond out of this.

It's obvious he finds me, being an empath, amusing and I have to admit I do feel the same way about him, being the psychopath he is. Each others personality baffles us to the point of it becoming genuine interest in observing one another.

He plays with the concept, which meant he plays with me. Out of nowhere he would ask me these hypothetical, way out of line, and unethical questions and he'd always find it horrendous when I answer highly against his ideals, but not as horrendous when I try to get something - some implication of feelings - out of him.

As much as he doesn't believe I'm all good, I also didn't want to believe he's all bad. I mean it's not like I'm an angel and he's a devil. We're humans. In some shape of form, we'd have all types of personalities, right? One will just take dominance.

Thankfully, the intense aura he's giving off is balanced by the beautiful surroundings of this island. According to him, we're in Fiji - one of the most expensive vacation places in the world and it shows. There are other people in here which are obviously very high profiled individuals, but they couldn't care less about one another. Even Moriarty can wander around without batting an eye.

"You ready?" I heard him as he walk down from the upper floors of our villa. We are about to get a fancy dinner at a prestigious restaurant here. I looked at him and was caught off guard by how casual he looks, but still, class is radiating out of him.

"Yes," I said. The more I look at his semi-casual clothes, the more I realized we're matching again. Of course. All my clothes here were sponsored by him as well, of course he'd want it to be matching. He's fashionable, obviously he would want anything around him to be matching.

I followed behind him as we walk towards the front door, but he stopped beside the dresser in the living room. Moriarty opened the top drawer which, to my shock, have two handguns in them. He took one of them, checked it for bullets, before tucking it in on his back.

"Is it really necessary to bring that?" I bravely asked. I always think my questions to him could trigger him, but so far, it hasn't.

"I usually have eyes around, but they aren't here for once, dear. I need to be ready at all times," he explained as he reached for the other and then giving it to me, "And you should too."

"Absolutely not. I'm sure we'll be fine," I said, firmly shaking my head no.

"Fine, but don't blame me for being defenseless," he smirked, putting back the gun in the dresser before we left the villa.

Moriarty threw me my helmet as he geared up to start the motorbike. There are no cars here and we travel by this. I wore the head gear before climbing in behind him on the vehicle. Honestly, the first time we rode like this, it almost suffocated me. Being this close to him was too heavy at first, but for some reason, I don't feel that at all anymore.

Once he knew I'm all set, we rode towards the place we're heading. 

~~~

Of course, the restaurant was way better than I expected it to be.