Psychopath x Empath (End)

*Jim's P.O.V.*

I should have just let someone from my team escort Y/N back to her flat after getting her dry and patched up, but here I am, actually doing the mundane task myself.

Y/N invited me inside for a while, offering to make some tea first.

"So, I guess this is it, huh?" she said as she's pouring down the tea in my cup, "You paid me back for my deed. In fact, we're even now."

"Are you politely telling me to finally fuck off?" I asked.

"No, that's not what I meant," her response was instant that even herself was shocked by how fast she answered, "I mean...that was just the premise of all this, wasn't it? You wanted to reward me and now that you've given what I wanted, ---

"Well, what if I'm the one who wants something now?" I cut her off and stared at her as she sat across me, holding up her own cup of tea.

Y/N didn't say anything. She tried to play it off by just drinking. It was damn obvious she was trying to get confirmation if she'll see me again.

I smirked at her, and then giving a polite toast before enjoying my tea as well.

She fell into silence after that and I'm sure she's just observing and absorbing this unexplainable tension between us.

I might have also affected her the way she affected me.

The moment I was done with my tea, I stood up, "I have to leave now. Duty calls. I need to make sure whoever interrupted our vacation pays with blood," I said.

"Or....we can just move pass it since nobody died," she said. I'm baffled by how she had the audacity to suggest that.

"Darling, do I look like the person who can just move pass this? You're forgetting who you're talking to again," I replied.

"Right. Just don't overkill it, I guess," she said which made me laugh.

"Overkill is my middle name, love. It runs in my blood." I said.

Y/N sighed in defeat as she walked me to her door.

"Well, don't die out there," she said which made me chuckle. She's actually sending well wishes to a violent psychopath.

"Can you do one more favor for me tonight?" I asked and she listened attentively, "Turn around," I ordered. Y/N curiously looked at me for a second and I waited for her to say no or not follow what I said, but again, I was caught off guard by how she just trusted me.

Y/N turned her back on me, "Umm, why  ---

"God, you're lucky you're not boring," I muttered under my breath, contemplating for a split second if I'll just choke her to death on that spot.

Fortunately for her, I chose not to. Instead, I gently placed my arms around her to place the necklace I have sitting on my pocket for a while around her neck.

"Jim, didn't I say no more fancy stuff?" Y/N touched the necklace as she turned to face me again. It's the first time I heard her call me by my name and I admit, I fancy hearing it from her.

"Get used to it," I firmly told her, "And get used to me, love. You're not getting rid of me anymore," I winked at her.

Her cheeks burned pink as she stand in front of me, speechless. After a moment, she gave me a small smile and only one word came to me to describe that smile - acceptance.

"I'll see you soon," she said and now she's the one that gave me confirmation about what we have.

--------------