Psychopath x Empath (Part 4)

*Y/N's P. O. V.* 

"They're inside. They were having a party earlier, they might all be resting," I lied as we arrived in front of the silent villa. I was afraid they were not going to bite into it and just shoot me outright, but I think they were desperate. The picture I showed them may have really convinced them too.

I hands finally found the keys I have on my bag and I stumbled to open the door. The leader was the one next to me, holding the gun to my side while his men scattered around the vicinity.

Honestly, I have no plan. My mind and heart are racing which numbs the nervousness that I should feel. Adrenaline is really one hell of a drug and I'm solely running on it now. I just hope it'll save me...or at least he will.

The door finally opened and he pushed me inside, "Keep quiet. Just lead me to his room," he said and I nodded.

If I want to survive this, I need to make a plan now.

I slowly walked, keeping it as quiet as I could when my eyes landed on the dresser that Moriarty opened earlier. A gun is still in there.

"I...I have to get the key to the room," I said and he let me go. I'm shocked that he's letting me wander further from him, but I think it's because he knows I can't do anything to escape this.

I opened the dresser and it's still there and then I realized I didn't even know how to use it, but I know I have no other choice.

"Hurry up, bitch. You're ----

Come on, Y/N. Just act like he does. Confident and always in control of the situation. You won't use it anyway.

I told myself as I turned to point the gun at him. I tried my best to mimic Moriarty's aura, but I know I'm already failing by how the man is just laughing at me.

I have to remind myself mimicking is a psychopath's trait.

"Aren't you a pathetic one? You have the audacity to threaten me yet you didn't turn the safety off?!" He instantly got closer and slapped me so hard that I fell to the ground.

My cheek burned and I felt a stinging pain on it. The man had some thick rings with sharp pendants and it may hand scratched me. The taste of blood dominated in my mouth too. His slap was too forceful that it even popped the side of my lip.

"I don't need you anymore," he was beginning to point the gun at me and fight response finally took over.

Being a nurse, you have to be physically fit as well. You have to be someone who can run around for hours, do chest compressions none stop, or be able to lift anyone with little or no help at all. You also have to be able to protect yourself for accommodating literally any stranger at the hospital and going home late at night and now I'm using all that outside of my field.

I may be stupid at using a gun, but I know a person's anatomy too well.

I half-picked myself up and with the metal and hard gun still on my hand, I quickly crawled in front of me and hit his groin with it as hard as I can. Understandably, he groaned and almost fell immediately to the floor. I took that chance to drag myself up and run away from him, throwing every down to slow him from chasing me.

The front door is a no go for me. His people are waiting there and once they see me escaping frantically, I know I'll be shot in no time. I have to find another exit.

I climbed up the stairs as I hear him recovering from the painful experience I let him go through. Now, he's even calling his troupes to come as back up. I think he finally figured out what he's searching for is not here.