Birthday 🎉 (One Shot)

A/N: I've argued with myself if I should give a mature warning for this. It's not a smut (calm down), but it's close. Lol

So here's your mild ⚠ mature warning ⚠ ;) Enjoy

*Y/N's P. O. V.*

"Time for me to get my favor back, Jimmy boy. Cancel everything you have for today and come over. No buts, love." I typed and sent the text to my...boyfriend? partner? colleague with benefits? owner? lover?...I actually don't know what to call him, but there's definitely something between us.

Labels are overrated anyways and it doesn't bother me whatever this is called. What matters to me is I'm the ONLY person who's this close to him - well, maybe except his two husbands namely Sebastian Moran and Sherlock Holmes.

"This better be worth it, darling," Jim replied and I'm just glad he didn't decline - weeeeell, he couldn't anyway even if he wanted to.

He promised me a special favor, any favor, that I want because of what I did last week. It was very much well-earned anyway because if it wasn't for the decision I made then, we'd all be buried deep underground already. It was almost a failed mission on our part, but I luckily did something to prevent us from failing and now I have this golden reward.

And I'll make sure to make the most out of it.

Jim arrived at my villa after an hour from my invitation. As usual, he's wearing his signature Westwood suit, looking like he's about to launch a multi-billion business to the world, while I on the other hand, looked like a goddamn mess. My hair is up on a messy bun and I'm just wearing an oversized shirt which now that I think about it, was probably his. On top of this, I have a dirty apron on.

"I should have told you not to wear that," I told him and he looked at me in disgust.

"You look like you're a toddler that was left in the kitchen unsupervised," he commented, "Do you just want me to babysit you, love?"

"No, because you're about to look the same as this," I told him with a smirk and took the clean apron from the counter, "Take off your coat, roll out your sleeves, and wear this," I said, throwing the apron at him.

"Oh, kinky," Jim grinned at me and I blushed, but rolled my eyes away.

"Shut up," I stated.

"Didn't know you're up for role-playing, Y/N. You could have told me way earlier and spice up our nights more," Jim winked at me.

"You stop it!" I said playfully, "We're not fucking, we're baking! Come here," I ordered him to follow me back to the kitchen.

"Nothing's stopping us to do both, doll," I heard him whispered which just made me laugh.

This is us. This chaotic relationship is what I live for and I couldn't have enough. Back then, I thought no one can get to Moriarty and build a strange relationship like this, but I proved that wrong. He tolerates my antics so much and I don't think people know how special that is. I can be sassy with him, I can be annoying to him, I can be aggressive with him, and I can be possessive about him without triggering him to kill me. I don't understand what I have and what I did to him, but I'm glad I got to this point. Literally no one else in this world can be this playful to him without getting tortured in some shape or form.

We arrived back at my huge and very messy kitchen and I could feel his judgement coming. Jim's a very organized and clean person when it comes to physical things and he'd probably hate to be here.

"I'm actually impressed on how dirty you made your kitchen, love. You obviously don't belong here," he commented.

"I'm taking that a compliment, but shush. You're going to help me bake a cake," I told him seriously and he stared at me.