Chapter 20: Nightmares

Start from the beginning

Once in his room, Katsuki sat at his desk, he started to brainstorm. As he thought about where the villains could have brought Izuku, Katsuki had no luck. For hours he just stared at his wall hoping something would come to him soon. Then he heard a knock on his door, it was Kirishima again. "Hey bro, take a break, it's already lunchtime," he said turning the doorknob which was surprisingly unlocked. Katsuki pinched the bridge of his nose to relieve some of the stress he had before standing up. "A break would be good," Katsuki said before following Kirishima out of his room to the dormitory kitchen. 

When the two made it to the kitchen Katsuki went and made himself a simple sandwich before heading over to one of the more secluded tables as to not be bothered. He chomped down his sandwich quickly since he hadn't eaten anything for breakfast, too much had and still is on his mind. He considered going back and making another one but decided not to, it would give him another break later. As he started to head back up to his dorm he noticed that Iida, Todoroki, Momo, Kirishima and the rest of the Bakusquad were huddled together. "Hey Bakubro, come here for a moment," Kirishima said motioning for him to come over.

"Still no idea where he is?" he asked. Katsuki just nodded. Kirishima looked thoughtful for a minute before commenting. "Why try to get some of the teachers to patrol, it's the best start we have," Kirishima said spreading out a map that he had printed. The rest of the group nodded. "Since the villains were in a densely populated city before, they might have done something similar," Momo chimed in and everyone nodded, everyone except Katsuki. "Why don't we check an area like Jaku City, it's got-" "No." Before she could finish Katsuki cut her off. Everyone looked at him confused. "What do you mean no," Iida said wondering why Katsuki would just cut down the idea. "I don't know, I just have this feeling telling me he's not there." Everyone just stared at him shocked.

"Okay then I guess we can start using that gut feeling of yours to get some kind of start, you know Midoriya the most after all," Sero said. And that was how the rest of the day went, the heroes listed city a pon city until they only had fairly spread apart little towns and a few cities left on a map one of the teachers had brought in. From that point on, Katsuki's gut feeling had left him and disappointedly everyone went their separate ways leaving Katsuki to flop on his bed after a long afternoon of questions. 

Once ready for bed Katsuki crashed onto the soft mattress underneath him. It didn't take long for Katsuki to start drifting into sleep, another terrible sleep.

This time his nightmare-ish dream was in the same darkroom as yesterday. From the dimmer light coming from the door, Katsuki could tell that it was sometime that morning. Once again Katsuki was shown Izuku sitting there with his knees tucked in as he cried. However, there was a big difference, Izuku's breath was uneven. Yes, a person's breath gets slightly uneven when crying, but this breathing was much heavier than just crying and was more uneven as well. Katsuki took in the scene a little more closely seeing that Izuku was crying harder than the night before. 'Dammit, you shouldn't be crying at all,' Katsuki thought as he looked down sadly at Izuku.

As Katsuki stood there taking in the sad Izuku he started to hear the clunking of shoes nearby. This startled Izuku and he started scrambling to the farthest corner eyes widening even more than yesterday, much more terror-filled as well. Katsuki heard the walking stop as he heard the door open. There once again was the figure shrouded in darkness from last night, this time, however, the person was holding something. Katsuki took a better look at the item in the villain's hand and his eyes widened. 'A knife,' Katsuki thought. However, it wasn't any ordinary knife, it was indeed a deadly sharp knife used for damage, not cooking. The last thing he heard was a cry of pain before he jolted up again.

Katsuki sat in his bed sweating. 'Oh god, please just say these are just dreams, please. Deku shouldn't have to be dealing with this,' Katsuki thought as he tried to go back to sleep, this time somewhat successfully. His dream didn't bring him back to that dark room but what seemed like the map he had used just the day before. This time, however, a city was circled in red. The city wasn't crossed out like the rest of the marks on the map, no, it was a circle. The city read, Kamakura, a small town just off of Hosu City.