𝟘𝟙𝟜

"I'm

"I'm... sorry, Sam," (Y/N) said quietly, wiping away her tears as said girl pet her back in a soft, comforting manner.

"It's fine," she shook her head, giving her friend a small smile while helping her up. "I shouldn't have pried like that, especially considering what you've been through."

The two then walked into the kitchen after the former had calmed down, fixing themselves a snack before sitting down together on the couch, not quite ready to part ways to sleep.

"So... if I can ask, when did this all start?" Sam asked, popping a piece of popcorn in her mouth.

"I guess... a couple of weeks ago?"

"Really? That short, huh?"

"Mm..." she nodded, picking at her nails, stomach not quite agreeing with her on food, the other girl wanting the carbs though. "I just didn't expect for it to escalate as bad as it did."

"Well, no shit you didn't," Sam rolled her eyes, trying to make light of the worsening situation. "Normally a gift basket and note don't turn into murder."

"This one did."

Chatting for only a couple minutes more, silence stretching on longer and longer as they grew too tired to speak, they then retired to bed, brushing their teeth and changing into their sleep wear before parting, Sam to her room and (Y/N) to the small guest room, however not before making sure all doors and windows were locked and covered.

Breathing out a sigh of relief, hoping that whoever had been tormenting her didn't know where she was, she practically dove under the warm covers.

Curling up into a small ball, she fell fast asleep.

All throughout the night she rested quite comfortably, for once no nightmare or noise waking her.

But that all changed quickly.

As soon as she opened her eyes, it being the weekend and no alarm having been set, faint traces of sunlight littering the room, she screamed so loud Sam was torn from her own sleep and barreled down the stairs and into her friend's room.

(Y/N) didn't let her gaze move though.

Sam could barely stand to look at what was before her though, having fallen against the doorframe, pale skin paling considerably more than normal.

No.

No.

No.

Please, no...

It can't be...

As she cried, fingers barely brushing against her lips as she tried to hold in her sobs, the dripping paint that was splattered over the walls dribbled onto the floor, creating little puddles of red that pooled before sinking into the soft carpet.

The message however was more terrifying:

I'M WATCHING YOU

"I-I'm calling the police!" Sam exclaimed, running from the room and leaving the girl still staring at the wall.

"How..." she muttered, clutching the bedsheets tightly, trembling at the realization that someone had broken in, without making a sound even, and had watched her throughout the night.

And she didn't even notice.