Chapter 5 | You again

Start from the beginning

Alexander nods as Bella gives him a small smile, both oblivious that they're still holding hands until George comes back with two plates filled with food. Both of them cough awkwardly as they finally pull away so George can put the plates down while trying to hide his smile.

He will definitely tease Alexander about this.

"Enjoy," George smirks and his smile only widens when Alexander glares at him knowingly. Bella is too focused on her delicious meal to notice the silent exchange between the two men again. Steak au poivre. The meat is so tender and it almost melts on her tongue. The red wine Alexander ordered for them goes really nicely with it and she savors every bite just so she can enjoy it longer.

"Do you like it?"

Bella can only nod a couple of times and smile as her mouth is full and she doesn't want to wait to swallow so she can answer him. Alexander looks down to hide his smile before he takes a bite. 

She's so cute.

They spend their lunch in silence as they both enjoy it before George comes to take their empty plates and offers them a dessert. Both of them decline because they are full.

As Bella twirls her glass gently, a little wine left in it, she takes her last sip as Alexander watches her before he speaks. "So, what is making your decision difficult to make?"

Bella looks at him for a second before looking down again. Her finger traces the stem of the glass as she holds it with both of her hands, her eyes focused on her actions as she tries to explain it to him.

"I um...I saw what kind of photographs you sometimes take and I'm not sure if I could bring myself to do it." Bella bites her lip nervously as she still keeps her eyes everywhere but him.

The silence engulfs them for a couple of seconds and Alexanders just watches her. He understands what she is trying to say and he has to admit he is surprised. Pleasantly.

Usually, when he proposes an offer to someone, usually women, they don't even wait for a second to say yes, especially if it's expected from them to pose naked. He doesn't mind that because he needs it for work, but what bothers him is that usually those women say yes and don't have a problem with being naked only because they want to seduce him.

That's not why he asked them to work for him, he could care less. He doesn't want someone who will just try to get in his pants because he's famous, has money or they think he looks good. He also doesn't care if you look like a supermodel or not. For him, that's not important. He thinks everyone is beautiful, everyone has special qualities and that's what he wants to bring out through his art.

"First of all," Alexander speaks and leans closer over the table. He puts two fingers under Bella's chin to make her look at him. "I don't like it when someone doesn't look me in the eyes while I'm speaking to them."

Bella gulps as she looks at him and he tries to hide his smile at her nervousness. He likes eye contact while talking to someone, especially if that someone has beautiful eyes like her.

"Second of all, I understand why you are worried. You are scared to be naked in front of a camera and you're probably even more scared if someone sees those photos. Yes?"

Bella nods, too shocked as he speaks. He read her like an open book. "That's also what I don't like. Nonverbal comunication."

"Oh, sorry." Bella looks away for a second before she remembers he doesn't like that either. She is a little bit surprised by his sudden seriousness and his dominant behavior. And she hates to admit it, but she likes it.

"I mean yes." She looks at him and his lips pull at the corner as his fingers leave her soft skin.

"I understand. But you don't have to worry. When you pose naked, your most intimate parts will be hidden. I don't take pictures of naked bodies just so I could show nudity, I do it just so it fulfills the story I want to tell and to awaken the imagination of the viewers. That's actually my next project I'm working on and I would like for you to be a part of it."