Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter

"Mom?" I asked, opening the front door.

"I'm in the kitchen!" My mom called back.

I escorted Chat in and closed the door. We entered the kitchen.

"Yin, can you- Chat Noir?" Asked my mother, shocked.

Chat awkwardly waved his hand. "Hey..."

"Mom, you've met Chat before," I said gesturing to the superhero next to me. "Would you mind if he spent Christmas Eve with us?"

"Not at all!" She replied, smiling warmly. "We were just about to make some gingerbread cookies, why don't you join us?"

"Mom," I said, pretending to be skeptical. "He's here to have a good time, not to become a cookie making slave."

"It's the price to pay," mom said, shrugging her shoulders as Chat chuckled. "Now, get me some of the cookie cutters!"

I lead Chat to the back of the kitchen where we stored our baking tools. I pulled open the last drawer an brought out a container full of cookie cutters.

"Chose your favorite," I said, grinning at Chat's sparkling eyes.

"Wow, I've never seen so many!" He said while picking out a Christmas Tree shaped cutter.

"Yeah, my mom recently bought them just for this occasion," I told him, looking for the other container.

After finding it, Chat and I dumped everything on the counter. A pretty dumb decision, but whatever.

"I like the heart shape one too!" Said Chat, grabbing a heart shaped cutter and adding it to pile of cookie cutters that we want to use. Which, thanks to Chat, was almost every one of them.

"We aren't making that many cookies, Chat! Five dozen only, and five of each shape. You can't have all of them!" I said, putting it back into the container of rejection. Somehow, my brain thought Chat gave me a heart card, making me blush for the absolute dumbest reason ever.

"Aw, come on!" Whined Chat, giving me kitty cat eyes.

How can he be so hot yet so cute at the same time?

Hot? Whose hot?

That gorgeous guy right in front of us that we have a crush on?

What? Nooooo.

Yeah, definitely.

No.

Why are you so against it?

I...I don't know...

Just accept the fact that we like him-

"Yin?"

"Yeah?" Jesus, these voice gotta stop.

"Could we please have the heart?" Pleaded Chat.

"But don't you think a heart is a little basic?" I asked Chat.

Chat gasped dramatically. "How dare you! The heart symbolizes love. A heart shape is a symbol of love and compassion," Chat lectured in a 'serious' voice. "The heart has long been used as a symbol to refer to the spiritual, emotional and moral! How could you ever think of it as basic?"

I stared at him blankly and burst out laughing the second time today. It between fits of laughter, I asked," Did you just have that speech prepared and memories in a corner of your mind?"

Chat, who had also started laughing with me, said with much difficulty, "Believe it or not, yes! I remember reading it somewhere."

Then, my mom suddenly walked in.

"Who knew looking for cookie cutters could cause so much laughter?" She said with a raised eyebrow.

********

Also, if u liked the chap, pls vote :D Ur one small action helps alot <3

Word count: 530