A Stray Cat

"Stay safe, Yin," reminded mom. "I know it's Christmas, but still. No accepting candy from people with a bit too much generosity."

"Got it, got it," I said, rolling my eyes playfully.

I waved goodbye to my mother and headed to the Dupain-Cheng bakery. I felt like Little Red Riding Hood going to visit my grandmother, which cause an image of old Marinette to pop up in my head and I burst out laughing.

When I got to the bakery, I saw Adrien's bodyguard- or Gorilla as Adrien calls him- exiting.

"Merry Christmas Eve!" I told him.

He grunted in response. I raised an eyebrow but didn't question it too much.

The bell hanging above the door chimed as I opened the door. As usual, the fresh smell of pastries greeted me. But this time, they were accompanied by gingerbread cookies and all sorts of candy.

"Yin!" Marinette shouted when she saw me. "Merry Christmas Eve!" She handed me a box with a red front and gold writing.

"Merry Christmas Eve to you too!" I said, accepting the box. On my way out, I left some change in the donation box held by Chat. I giggled a little seeing his goofy face on the card box cut out.

Speaking of Chat- or rather, thinking- I wonder how he's doing. The special showed him being neglected by his father. I feel really bad for him.

Suddenly, I hear a twig snap behind me and my hair stood on end. Was it a kidnapper? A murderer? A-

"Silver...?"

I let out a huge sigh of relieve. I gotta stop reading those horror novels!

I turn around. "Hey, Chat! Merry Christmas Eve!"

Instead of responding, Chat gave me a big hug.

"C-could I spend this evening at your house?" He whispered.

I was still shocked by the hug and didn't answer.

Chat took this as a rejection. "I get it if I'm intruding into your home...I understand you want to spend this time with your mother..." He pulled away.

Coming to my senses, I quickly pulled his hand. "What? No! Of course you can spend Christmas Eve with my mother and I! I'm sure she wouldn't mind either. The more the merrier, right?"

Chat ears perked up, literally. "Really?"

I laughed. "Do you know your cat ears perk up when you're excited?"

His eyes widened. "Really?"

I laugh again. "C'mon, let's go."

********

Also, if u liked the chap, pls vote :D Ur one small action helps alot <3

Word count: 400