Part 7

Kia's pov

The mission I was on wasn't tough but it seemed like Taehyung was drifting away. Although he was always cold towards me, at least I knew he depended on me. He always involved me in every conversation but since the last one and a half months he seemed to drift away. It all started after he married that girl.

Even though she didn't show any interest in Taehyung, he would always look out for her. He himself didn't know that he cared for her but to the others it was clearly visible. In the company everybody seemed them to be a perfect couple which made me enraged. All this time I was the one who trapped him in my love web and a simple girl like her just entered in his life and he started going away. I was the one who made him fall for me, just so I could easily get access to his work.

But recently he started to ignore my presence. I felt like I was invincible. And due to this I couldn't even learn information so that I could give them to Jihun. I was falsely accused in a murder case by him and if I didn't do his job I was sure I would have to spend the my life in the prison. I didn't want that.

Jihun held some great hatred against Taehyung, but it didn't bother me. I just wanted to get out of the mess I got trapped into. I had to play along as long as this mission of Jihun didn't end. From today I need to give more effort and keep Taehyung away from y/n. I didn't want to be in prison.

I got out of my thoughts when the telephone rang. "Yes sir." I was honestly scared of Taehyung after the day he told me to address me formally in the office premises. His voice was dangerously low which sent shivers down my spine. For a moment I thought he was more dangerous than Jihun.

"Come to my office." And he kept the telephone done. But why did Taehyung's voice seem a bit strange? It sounded old. I did think a lot and made my way to his office. He could get angry if I don't visit him on his call sometimes.

I knocked on the door and opened the door only to be surprised by Mr. Kim's presence. He was sitting where Taehyung usually sat after his promotion. "Yes, sir."

Author's pov

"What is Taehyung's schedule for today?" Mr. Kim asked her. "Sir, today Mr. Kim Taehyung has a meeting with the Jung Enterprise at 12 p.m." She informed. "Okay you can go now and know that starting from today, this one month I will be handling the company. I don't want anybody slacking at work. Make sure to inform others." Mr. Kim's commanding voice was more terrifying than Taehyung's, but only if they knew that he was once a mafia.

"Sir, may I ask what happened to Mr. Kim?" Taehyung's father raised his eyes. "Nothing happened to him. Taehyung and his wife went on their honeymoon." Mr. Kim smirked once he saw how Kia's face fell. "Now go do your work. I am not like my son who gives people time to slack off. And finish these files. I want it by 9 p.m. sharp." He smirked and looked at Kia. No way she would have time for anything else. "Yes sir." Kia nodded and went away with the files.

While on the other hand Kia was thinking about why Taehyung didn't tell her about it. Did he still think of her as his girlfriend? Or did he forget about her? But if that happened she would be in deep trouble. Kia immediately started doing the work. She knew how angry Taehyung's father got when the tasks given to someone weren't complete on time. She immediately let go of the thoughts and decided to text Taehyung later.

Finally at 9 p.m. Kia was able to complete her work and went to the CEO's room to submit the files. The company was empty leaving only her working late hours. Kia knocked on the door and entered the room. He saw Mr. Kim still working on some files. " Sir, the files you asked for me to do are complete." She said as she put them on the desk. "Okay, you can go home now." Mr. Kim said without sparing a glance. Kiq bowed and left the room. Mr. Kim took his phone and dialled a number. "She is heading out." He said and got up the chair.