Chapter 6

Lake stretched her legs inside the crammed-up cart they were all stuffed inside

            Lake stretched her legs inside the crammed-up cart they were all stuffed inside. There was barely any leg space but she managed by throwing them over Jamie, who had woken up and was simply staring into space as he rested his head on Link's lap. At least Jamie was fine. Lake didn't think she would have been able to hold any of them back from attacking Seira if he hadn't. She didn't think she would even be able to forgive Seira, it was hard enough forgiving her for what she did to Lake in the past.

But even still. Even if she resented Seira a little, it wasn't enough to override her mission priorities. It wasn't enough for her to be outright mean to her. She'd rather keep it buried in her and forget about it and hoped that she'd feel back to normal once she gets used to having her around. After all, that's why she became the Legion, to be everything Seira wasn't, back when Seira was Sierra.

Lake idly watched Seira as she slept. She had nodded off soon after Dune got the carriage into motion. She had slumped onto Hana's shoulder who couldn't have looked more repulsed. Lake had glared at her, daring her to wake up the princess. Lake didn't care if she liked or hated her, the princess was her priority. If Hana dared to mess up her second mission priority, she'd pay.

Lake had to stop her thoughts from going further. Ever since she became the Legion, she feared she had become the slightest bit obsessive about it. The rest of them even resorted to calling her workaholic. Maybe she wouldn't put it that far, but she knew she relied heavily on her job more than anything to keep herself occupied. She rarely ever met people she'd actually call a friend in a long time. It was just Dune, Donna, Link, Jamie and Hana, and half of them were directly related to her.

The princess stirred when the carriage ran over a bump in the road. She opened her eyes hesitantly, jerking back one she realized she was using Hana as a pillow. Glad to know their dislike for each other was mutual.

Seira pulled away from Hana, who rubbed her shoulder unhappily, and took a quick look around, trying to find her bearings. She touched her face and relaxed when she realized she hadn't been drooling. Lake beamed at her. "Good to see you're up. Hana would have thrown you out the cart if you took any longer."

Seira nodded, a weak attempt at smiling on her lips. "Um, yeah." She hesitated, uneasily watching Donna stare at her. "Where are we? How long was I out?"

"It's almost noon. We passed three towns. We'll reach the capital by evening at this rate."

Seira clasped her hands together. A small part of Lake wondered how she felt about it. She already knew Seira didn't want to stay here, but what about seeing her father? Lake remembered meeting her own father. It wasn't bittersweet or dramatic. Just a tad bit surprising. She barely knew the man, never realized he was her father all along. But when he showed up that day, she knew at once that she was never going to return to her old life.