{Eleven}

{Six weeks later}

Levi laid in his bed, thinking. It had been a few weeks since Lea had begged him to help her but he couldn't figure out how.

Maxie had privately told everyone about the Perfects and her dealings with them. They would talk behind her back, use her for popularity and tell her that they cared for her when really they didn't. Some of her older friends had tried to convince her that they were bad friends but she didn't believe them.

They were so manipulative that they were able to work into her subconscious and make her feel inferior to them without her knowing. They made her feel like she wouldn't survive school without them.

When Maxie was finally able to see what was truly going on, she well full-on rebel so that they'd leave her alone.

"Wouldn't want to ruin their image, you see," Maxie had said. "What good would a rebel do for them?"

Ben poked his head down and looked at Levi, who turned to look at his silhouette. Ben smiled.

"Thought you might be awake," Ben whispered.

"You need something?"

"Ah... no... I'm just- I'm just nervous. Today we're going to the zoo in the city and I'm not very good with animals."

"They're not that bad."

"You grew up with them. Of course, you'd be fine with them! They all hate me, I swear!"

"You're probably just agitating them somehow."

"See? They hate me! I don't do anything! My very existence seems to agitate them!"

"How unfortunate."

"That's not helping."

"How am I supposed to help?"

"You're right. But still!"

"You'll be fine, Ben. Listen, what about me? I've never been to a city before. I've heard they're really big and have really tall buildings."

"Oh yeah. They have skyscrapers in this city, too."

"Skyscrapers are the really really tall buildings, correct?"

"Yeah."

"More than enough to make me feel shorter than I already am. You're not the only one who's nervous. Look, it's two in the morning. Go to sleep."

"But you're awake."

"I'm always awake at this time."

"What do you do?"

"I think about stuff."

"Like what? Hange?"

"She's never left my mind since she left."

Ben smirked in the darkness.

"You love her, don't you?"

Levi became slightly flustered, which was extremely out of character for him. He was grateful that it was dark, otherwise Ben would've seen him blushing.

"N-no, I don't! I just get worried for her! That's all!"

"Uh-huh, sure. Well, I'm gonna take your advice and go to sleep before Maxie wakes us up in about four hours. Later."

Ben pulled his head back up. Levi heard him shuffling around, trying to find the right position to sleep in.

I don't really love her, do I? Levi thought. We're just friends. And I'm not that type of person! Right..?