Chapter 22 - Corruption

Start from the beginning

He snickered as his eyes scanned over the building in front of us. I couldn't fathom which part of being a thief he found humorous.

"I'm a business man Callie, I have two very genuine and successful businesses that provide money for a home like this and cars like these"

He turned and stepped beside me placing one of his hands on the small of my back while gesturing with his other towards the large steps that led to the front door.

"Not everything about me is corrupt darling" he whispered in my ear.

I rolled my eyes and made my way through the large door.

The inside was just as gorgeous with its sleek white glossy style. There wasn't an ounce of dust in sight, everything gleamed to perfection.

Achilles hand found it's way to mine as I felt a small tug encouraging me to follow him.

He led me through a large corridor before stopping at a locked door. He released my hand and dug into his pocket for the key.

He unlocked the door and pushed it open revealing a large office. He had a large desk that had paper work tidily stacked upon and three leather chairs surrounding it. A matching black leather couch was placed beside the huge bay window. 

I glanced at the cabinets so see everything labelled in alphabetical order. It seemed fitting that he was an organised perfectionist. 

I chuckled at my thoughts as I made me way to the window to look out at the view. Even the garden was perfect. 

"Whats humoring you?" Achilles asked while sitting down in his chair beside the desk.

"nothing" I hummed in response.

Achilles didn't press any further as he picked up some paper reading it thoroughly.  His eyes flicked from side to side as his eyebrows slightly scrunched every couple of seconds. His tongue slightly ran over his bottom lip and suddenly I couldn't move my eyes away.

"I can feel you staring at me, is something on you're mind Callie?" 

He dropped the papers back on to his desk and turned to look at me with an intense gaze. He pushed his seat slightly further back and then began loosening his tie before pulling it off completely.  

"N-No" 

His gaze never faltered as he motioned with his hand for me to go closer to him. I hesitantly stepped forward. I stopped a few steps away from him in order to allow space but the shaking of his head told me he disapproved. 

"Closer darling" he whispered 

The instruction made me nervous but I slowly took two steps forward closing the gap between us further. I watched as he rose from his chair and shrugged his blazer jacket off tossing it over the desk. 

All air rushed out of my lungs when his hands suddenly reached out grabbing my hips and yanking me forward so I was against his front. 

I looked up at his face through my lashes. His eyes were darker than usual as he stared down at me.  He slowly lowered his head beside my ear, the feeling of his breath tickled my skin and soon goosebumps layered my body. 

"When I give you an instruction, I expect you to follow it straight away"

His voice danced through my ears.

His grip on my hips tightened as he took my earlobe in his mouth and sucked on it gently before allowing his mouth to travel down my neck.  He placed kisses across every inch of the skin and I couldn't help but roll my head back wanting to give him better access. 

"Do you understand me?" he whispered in my ear 

I nodded my head since I felt too flustered to speak. He traced his lips along my jaw placing even more kisses on my heated skin. 

My senses all of a sudden became aware of an object being placed in my hands. Achilles kisses stopped as I looked down between us. 

My hands were wrapped around a gun that was pointing directly at Achilles. 

I quickly attempted to drop it but his hands that remained wrapped around mine stopped me. 

"W-what..."

My eyes shot back up to Achilles as if to question him since my words failed. 

"Pull the trigger"