"I am done with girls." 

"Are you coming out?" I joked and pulled my hair. "I am joking kiddo."

"Elijah will stop calling me kiddo? I am eighteen, a college graduate, and the future CEO." 

"Oh, yes I forgot Dad said you can be the CEO for the company in Milan if you prove yourself and if and only if the current CEO retires." I giggled. "That might take months, years, or even decades."

"You like to exaggerate." Oliver said.

"Why did dad invite them again?" I asked Oliver.

"So you can set the record straight. Elijah you have been back for about two months since Annette's funeral. Some people even believed you have gone mad that is why everyone wants answers." 

"Thanks for the reminder." I smiled at him before taking the stage. Answering their questions will be harder than it looks. "Thank you everyone for coming here today. The Carson family and I appreciate the fact you all made it here today." We actually wish they never showed up but I have to pretend now. "About a year ago we lost an amazing member of our family. She was a daughter, a wife, a sister, and a best friend. Annette died just a little more than a year but it feels like just yesterday that we were burying her. We were deeply hurt, especially me, that is why I might've done a lot of crazy things and for that, I apologize." I paused. "I hurt a lot of loved ones, I felt like Annette's death was an illusion, I didn't believe the doctors, my family, or my friends when they told me she's no more. I blamed everyone for her death including myself." I continued. "Annette's death only hit me after I didn't see or speak to her for two months. I accepted her death and I learned the real meaning of death only two months after she was no more. I have two kids, Red and Ryker, they are my world and they don't deserve a father who believes their mother is still alive after being proven wrong a million times." I looked at Oliver who was smiling at me. "Anyway, I have been gone for a couple of months because I wanted to spend a lot of time with my two babies. I am a single parent and I didn't want my kids to be raised by my mother or someone else that is why I 'disappeared' for ten months because I was with them that entire time." This is the fakest apology I have ever given. "I am so sorry to every journalist I hit, I was mourning for my love but that isn't an excuse to fight with someone." I wish journalists had a line not to cross. They want to cover up every story but they never once think about the people's feelings. "I will be taking any questions you have for me."

"Mr. Carson, is it true you never wanted your children?" This bitch is really getting on my nerves already. 

"I don't know where you heard that but it's most definitely not true." I replied.

"The night Annette died, you ran from the hospital and from your responsibility. You never wanted the children because the only person you cared about was Annette so my question is, why do you want the kids now? Who convinced you to stay with them?" 

"I always wanted my kids so that is not why I ran away the night Annette died. I was shocked, broken, and emotional, that is why I ran away." I answered.

"Mr. Carson, did you threaten your entire family with a gun on the night Annette died?"

"What is this?" I giggled. "I'm I being questioned at a police station? This is not an investigation of Annette's death or any other type of investigation." These stupid journalists are getting on my nerves. "I lost the person I loved, I was shocked that is why I was pointing the gun at my family, not that it's anyone's business, next question." 

"Why did you say Annette was murdered when the doctors confirmed that she died of a cardiac arrest?"

"I was emotional, I said a lot of things I didn't mean and I just said I accepted Annette's death even the way she died. The doctor's examined Annette's body and said there was no way she could've been murdered so I am sorry to everyone who heard me say she was murdered. My wife died of a cardiac arrest, happy?" 

"Annette shot you and tried to murder you before. Don't you think maybe you or your family might've killed her?" She asked and I laughed.

"What are you? A lawyer? Do you think this is a courtroom? Listen, you usel---." I have to control myself, I am sure my kids will see this one day. "I am not answering any more questions. Bye." Oliver and my security guards helped me leave the premises. Everyone is interested in why I said she was murdered. Can't they all accept that she wasn't murdered and I was just saying all those things because I was hurting?

I went to my office and Adrian was waiting for me.

"How was it?" He asked.

"I hated it, bro. Those useless journalists asked me stupid questions." 

"But at least you didn't beat anyone up this time." Adrian said. "So, how were the twins?"

"They are amazing. How is the family?" 

"They are good."

"So how's the girlfriend? Ready to make her your fiancee?" I asked and he started laughing.

"Are you on weed or something? Why the fuck do you think I want to marry her?"

"Last time you were drunk you said you will get married soon so did you propose?" 

"I was drunk, I didn't mean it so please don't let anyone hear you."

"She rejected you, didn't she?" I pushed. "Come on brother, admit it."

"I swear I didn't propose. Elijah, I ain't going to propose to her. I won't marry her and even if I am in love with her I will marry her when I am ready to be a husband but I don't think I will ever want to propose to her. I don't think she is my soulmate." 

"But last time you said you were in love." 

"I kinda am but I don't trust her so when she gains my trust I will see if she is the one now tell me did you find someone yet?"

"I am not looking for fun or a relationship brother. My heart is trying to heal and I want the kids to be old enough to make that decision with me." I told him and he laughed.

"You sound like a grandpa but I understand you buddy." 

*Don't forget to vote, comment, and share please*