Chapter 23: Maybe

Sometimes the world doesn't give you what you want. But you'll just have to deal with it.
When I mean what you want... I mean like a better life. Money to pay off your rent. A new family. Solving your worst problems.
I lived with hate and pain. I haven't felt love until I met Matthew. But it would never work out. The lies and fights. But there was also compassion and more.
I want to be in his arms. Hear his voice. Be with him...
But there are other people... Cam and Emily. Cam protected me. Emily cared for me.
I was so selfish and stubborn. Gosh, I hate the choices I made. I should have been a better person.
I just want to feel love again....
I guess what I'm trying to say is that maybe love does save you but kills you at the same time.
Cam POV
I watch Emily cry. I don't get her. Why is she crying?
" Emily?" Nash said while holding her in his arms.
" I walked by the beach and saw a car crashed. It almost hit me but I was lucky. I noticed that the car did it on purpose. I watched closer and saw..." She trailed off before she could cry even more.
" Who was it?" Nash said.
" It was... Tori." She said while bursting into tears. Nash looked at me. I stood in shock. The worst thing happened again.
" How?" I asked. I felt a tear on my cheek.
" I also saw Tony." Emily said before I could run out the door. Anger filled me. I wouldn't say I hate Tony, but I would punch him in the face with a brick and a chair. Also a baseball bat.
But I need to see Tori. I want to know if she is still alive. I can't lose my sister. I just can't.
.
" I need to see my sister!" I shouted to the doctor.
" Sir, your sister is in surgery. Please calm down." He said.
" How can I calm down?" I shouted.
" Cam, dude. Tori will be okay. It's gonna be okay." Nash said. The guys came so did Emily.
" We are all hurt... especially Matt." Emily said.
" I can't believe this happened again." I said as I sat down.
" Mr. Dallas, we are doing the best we can. If you don't mind, I need to ask some questions." The doctor said. I nodded as I got up. He led me to his office and we sat down.
" Now, I see that Tori is in bad shape. When she was in the hospital from losing too much blood and was suppose to stay... Do you remember?", I nodded," She didn't take her medicine. So she is still weak from that injury. The car crash is very fatal. There was a guy in there, his name is-"
" It's Tony. I know him." I said.
" That is his middle name. His name is actually Harold. He is 30 years old and a drug addict. Now, the questions. When the car crashed, it looked like it was on purpose. Do you have any idea if it was on purpose?"
" Tony- I mean, Harold beaten Tori when he kidnapped her, um... that's why she was in the hospital. He also threaten us and almost killed my friend, Matt. I guess when he finally got her, he just... wanted her dead." I said.
" Yes. We noticed scars on her wrist, thighs, and stomach. Did she cut herself? " He asked.
" Use too." I said.
" The cuts on her stomach looked fresh, not from the car crash because it didn't effect her there." He said. My heart dropped. She cut still? How didn't I know?
" Can you please excuse me for a moment?" I said as he nodded. I walked out the door. I felt tears coming out. I mean, why wouldn't I cry? Tori had so much left.
Please, please... Tori come back.
Matt POV
I sat there, crying my eyes out. I didn't care that there are people staring, especially that 4 year old girl.
I mess everything up. The guys look so hurt but not like Cam.
I counted every mistake and wished that they'll go away. But I can't. It already happened.
Now, I have to deal with it.
Tori, why are you the one getting hurt?