Chapter-11: The Exclusive Nikah!

Start from the beginning

MARIAM- 'Yes genius'

I walk down the stairs replying to their texts when a sweet aroma fills my nostrils.. "Pancakes, hmm?" I ask as Usmaan flips a pancake.

"Who said it was for you?"

I raise a brow "You are going let your little sister starve while you stuff your mouth with these goodies" I say pointing towards the pile of pancakes on the counter.

"I might have to warn Adam of your little manipulative tactics before hand" he says shaking his head lightly.

He places the plate of pancakes on the kitchen island as I take the chocolate syrup from the refrigerator and sit on the chair near the island.

"So...how were your tests?" he asks taking a bite of his food.

I nod unable to speak because of the food in my mouth "Alhamdulillah, it's the first test of this semester so there was not much to worry about."

"When are your friends coming then?" he asks and I raise my eyebrows suggestively.

"I was just trying to make a civil conversation, dumbhead" he says shoving me with his shoulder.

I almost trip off the chair before I balance myself. "A civil coversation can also happen without including Maria-- my friends" I say cheekily

He rolls his eyes and goes for the last pancake on the plate.

No way!

I put my fork on the pancake too.

"I cooked them so I deserve to have them" Usmaan says attempting to take it.

"You have already had enough to last for a month, so I am having this"

"I am a growing person and I need to have sufficient food for my well being"

I roll my eyes.

"If you grow any bigger, you will scare off all the people who crosses your path" I try to pull it from under his hand.

Baba appears out of nowhere and lifts the whole pancake easily from our hands.

"I deserve this more than anyone in this room" he says taking a bite.

"Oh yeah?" mama asks placing her hands on her hips and narrowing her eyes playfully.

"I meant the both of us" baba says quickly and puts a piece of it in mama's mouth.

Me and Usmaan share unamused glances and giggle quietly, taking the dishes to put in the sink.

(⁠◍⁠•⁠ᴗ⁠•⁠◍⁠)

I turn to the other side of the bed when I feel sprinkles of water on my face.

Why the hell is it raining in my bedroom??

Wait!! Raining in my bedroom!!

I sit up confusedly rubbing the sleep off my face when I hear familiar chuckles near me.

"What are you guys doing in my house at this hour?" I ask both Mariam and Alina who are now plopped down on the edge of my bed still snickering.

"One" Alina says showing her index finger.

"We can be at your house whenever we want"

"And two" now Mariam says pointedly

"It's almost afternoon so I think it's a perfectly appropriate time"

"I guess I established that in my first answer that we could be here anytime we want" Alina says turning toward Mariam.

"Yeah, I know you did. I just wanted to add something on my own" Mariam replies sheepishly.