Chapter 4//Red Eyes

"I'm not watching the notebook again" Jackson refused "please" Lydia said and I gave him a puppy dog face "no I refuse to watch it" he got out of the car to go into the video store "go make sure he gets it" Lydia asked "fine" I replied then got out of the car and caught up to him.

We walked into the deserted store looking around "can anybody help me find the notebook?!" Haha he can't say no to us. I started to walk around looking for it when I saw two feet. I slowly made my way towards them and wish I never did. I screamed, Jackson ran towards me and pushed me behind him, I rammed into the step ladder and the store went pitch black.

I grabbed onto Jacksons hand and he squeezed it back, all I could hear was our breath. We heard a growl and turned slowly towards the door where a huge deadly animal with glowing blood red eyes was staring at us, I gasped and hid behind Jackson. He pulled me behind a rack of movies and pressed his finger my his lips telling me to be quiet.

It was silent for a bit and I started to get more nervous, until the shelves started to topple over. Jackson tried to pull me away put my hand slipped out of his grasp, the shelve fell on top of me and I screamed in pain. "Riley! Riley! Come on! Where are you?!" I heard Jackson shout I gasped in shock when the animal was approaching and Jackson made eye contact with me and ran over.

The animal dug his claws into the back of my neck and I screamed bloody murder. Jackson fell to his knees beside me to help me up but the animal then dug his other claws into Jacksons neck. He grabbed hold of my hand while I sobbed. The animal jumped through the window and out of the shop.

"ow Jackson it hurts" I cried. Jackson got the shelve off me then picked me up bridal style and carried me out of the shop, blood staining my white jeans. The last thing I heard was sirens until I fell into unconsciousness.

3rd Person prov

The ambulance came and Jackson shouted "help me, Help me!" Whilst holding the unconscious Riley in his arms. They rushed over to him and took her of him. He then went to check on Lydia "Are you okay?" She nodded yes and said "I want to go home" she whispered and they looked to Riley "we have to wait till they've finished with checking on her" Lydia nodded then sat on the end of the ambulance.

They had been there for over an hour and the paramedics confirmed that Riley had only cut her leg open and they'd stitched it up for her.

Back to Riley prov

I woke up to a blinding light and I realised that I was in an ambulance with Lydia stroking my hair and Jackson holding my hand. I then recapped in the memories of the night and shot up in my bed and was sick all over the floor. "sorry" I croaked out "its okay" Lydia said. I felt a sharp pain in my leg and started to sob and Jacksons hand tightened around mine "can we have some painkillers for her?" He said to the nurse. she nodded then gave me some and I sighed in relief.

After about an hours rest I finally decided that I wanted to go home. i started to get up and Lydia asked what I was doing "what does it look like I'm doing? Im going home"