Garden of eyes

Começar do início

Mono made gulped hard, he couldn't stop trembling as the thing loomed over him. But then, as he saw the face beneath that hat, his tension eased if not by just a bit. It was the face of an ordinary old man... and not the face of something as horrible and twisted as those things that were marching towards the light. "W-What do you want?" Mono found the strength to speak.

"It will happen again, boy," it said and paused, leaving Mono in complete puzzlement, what's going to happen again? "But I'm going to change that." It said and lifted its hand, and before he knew Mono was right there in its palm. His eyes went wide as he vainly struggled to break free, "Close your eyes, we'll be meeting soon enough." Mono couldn't keep them open even if he wanted to. His vision spotted and his head began to feel light as a feather. Soon enough, his eyes fluttered and his lids closed, leaving that horrible reality behind.

Mono woke up with a gasp. He scurried away in a frenzy, cowering back until his back slammed against a wall. He jolted at the impact, he felt like it was going to open wide a swallow him whole. He turned around, eyes wide in fear, expecting to see the fleshy monster again. But it was just a wall. He placed his hand against it just to make sure, it felt as cool as ice. Mono closed his eyes and let out a long sigh of relief, thank goodness it was over. Or was it?

Mono's eyes shot around the room, piles of stones lay scattered all about him, the roof overhead was split open, allowing the moonlight to seep through the wide gaps. Dust fell from the cracks and the raindrops slithered from the window frames. He shot up to his feet, his mind already clouded by horrible thoughts, where the hell is she?! "Six?" He called, but all he got was groaning of the building as an answer, "Six!?" he shouted louder.

"M-mo- Mono." A weak voice came from his left, beyond the collapsed wooden beams and tumbled over couches.

Mono's felt his heart rise to his throat, he didn't want to go there. He didn't want to see anything, no... no, no! please NO! He ran towards the voice, "Six! Six!" He called, "I'm here! Talk to me!" he kicked through the rubble and pushed the shattered planks aside. He kept on going until he saw the hood of her yellow raincoat, but that was the only thing he saw. Everything else was- crushed under the weight of the couch.

As she saw him coming, she lifted a trembling hand and said, "H-help... help m-me." her voice cracked, on the verge of tears. He couldn't think straight, he couldn't think about anything! His ears rang and his feet threatened to give out.

"SIX!" Mono cried out as he rushed to grab her hand, "Oh... oh what do I do!? Oh, God!" He tried pulling her from under the couch, managing only to free her halfway but no more than that...

"M-Mono... I-I can't-" She said, her breath escaping in heavy pants, "I can't feel... I can't feel my legs."

Mono froze, letting go of her hand. His lips moved but no words came out, no she can't be... no... "You-" his throat was painfully dry, "You... you can heal right? When I get you out, you'll walk right!?" He looked her in the eyes, but she shied away from his gaze and her shoulders began to rise and fall in panic.

"I don't know... I don't." She said.

Mono couldn't watch this anymore, it's now or never. He placed both his palms against the couch and summoned the electric current. It surged through his arms and slithered along the couch, and before long the couch lost its gravity and started floating about in the air weightless as a plastic bag. Six gasped as the weight shifted off of her. Mono then grabbed her by her hands and pulled her to the floor. He held her face in his hands then push her hair away from her half-closed eyes. "I can- I can fix this. I-I..." He spoke breathlessly.

"Hah- he." Six mumbled, "Hero..."

Mono narrowed his teary eyes, he didn't quite get that. "Wh-wha?" He said, moving his head closer to hers. He slipped a glance towards her legs, they were-

"Hero!" she said, a smirk forming on her face as she could no longer keep a straight face.

-were absolutely fine, there wasn't even a single scratch on them. Mono frowned, feeling ire welling up within, "No... you absolute-" he held his tongue before he could say anything worse. Her laughter echoed around the room, it seemed that there was no end to it, "BLOODY HELL SIX! NO! That wasn't funny! That wasn't funny at all! You have a sick sense of humour!" He shouted in her face, but she didn't take him seriously, she kept on laughing like crazy in his hands. "FEH!" Mono scoffed, and let go of her face so suddenly that the back of her head slammed against the floor.

"OW!" Six said, holding the back of her head to soothe the pain, laughing all the same. "You should've seen the look on your face! You really thought I was gonna die there!"

Mono sat with his back facing her, "Shut up! Just shut up! For crying out loud!"

Her laughter died out after that. She rose to her feet and stretched her arms, "Relax, Mono. Look I'm fine, see?" She said, spreading her arms on display, but Mono wouldn't look back. Then she sighed and went back to the couch, "I was lucky that thing was light as a feather, it was that beam up there the was trapping me under it this whole time, guess you could say I was lucky, heh." she said pointing towards the beam that has collapsed from the roof. "Waited there for a while, I started worrying your head might have been crushed under the rubble..."

"I can't believe you..." Mono said.

"Hmm?" Six said, tilting her head.

"You do you keep pulling these stunts on me?"

"For the goofs." Six answered almost immediately.

Mono turned around and gazed at her from behind that paper bag mask, his teary eyes somewhat caught her off guard, her smile turned into a frown as she lowered her head, "For the goofs-" Mono scoffed again then turned away from her.

"I could jump down from over there to say I'm sorry." Six said.

"What!? Just don't! What in the world is the matter with you?! Can't you just act normal for once!?" Mono cried.

"Wow, that really hurt you didn't it..." Six muttered.

Mono didn't answer, he hugged his knees and pushed up his paper bag to wipe away his tears.

"Well, how about this then...?"

He could hear her feet tapping against the floor behind him, each step growing louder and louder until she stopped just behind him, what is she up to this time? Six pulled down the hood of her raincoat and knelt beside Mono. She grabbed him gently by his shoulders and reached for his paper bag. "What are you-"

She lifted the paper bag slightly and placed a soft kiss on his cheek, "I'm sorry, thank you for saving me..." she whispered in his ear. She jolted back on her feet and ran away, "WELP TIME TO GO!" She cried and sprinted out of the room.

"Heh?" Mono was at a loss of words once more, his hand reached to touch where her lips had rested, "EH?!"

-------

You're welcome.