Chapter 1: Miracle Child

Start from the beginning

"What's wrong!?" Salvatore asks with worry, getting up and reaching towards the nurses.

"She's losing too much blood" The nurse explained, panicked as she moved across the room with speed. Meanwhile in the waiting room, 5 boys sit patiently waiting.

"Stop throwing your toys at each other before I take them away" Ezekiel threatens, seeing the twins throw their stuffed animals at each other.

"Why is it taking so long?" Malcolm whines with a pout.

"I want mommy" Isaiah says as he looks like he's about to cry at any moment.

"Crybaby" Zane laughs before getting slapped in the back of his head by Ezekiel.

"Come here Isaiah, i'm sure she's gonna be here any minute now" Domenic says while opening his arms, making Isaiah run into them and giving him a hug. Then the door opens revealing a nurse looking down at the floor.

"I'm sorry to tell you all this, but your mother has passed away due to losing too much blood during the pregnancy" She explains quietly as the hearts of all the boys drop.

"LIER! MY MOM ISN'T DEAD SHE CAN'T BE!" Zane yells with tears coming out of his eyes as he rushes over to the nurse, standing in front of her with his small fists clenched. Isaiah started bawling and crying his eyes out.

"I-i want mommy" He cries out loud, too young to understand the death of his mother. Now even Malcolm can't hold back his tears as they roll down his face in an endless stream. Domenic rushes over to the twins, squeezing them in a tight hug as he himself tries to control the urge to cry but fails as a tear silently runs down.

Ezekiel goes after Zane, grabbing him by the arm to get him away from the nurse. Even at 13, he never cries or shows weakness as his father used to call it.

"What about the baby?" Ezekiel asks, trying to hide his true feelings.

"The baby is fine, we had some complications but managed to save the little baby girl" Just as the nurse said it, all the boys became quiet. Even the crying Isaiah stopped for a moment to process what the nurse just said.

"A-a girl?" Zane, who stopped struggling from Ezekiel's grip, asked under his breath. The nurse nodded, making all the boys, even under the tragic circumstance, show a little smile on their faces.

"I can't believe it" Ezekiel says under his breath as a tear finally runs down his cheek but a small smile dancing on his lips.

"I'm gonna be the freaking best big brother in the whole world" Domenic says with tears running down his face as he struggles to hide the breaking of his voice.

The boys make their way into the room to see their father sitting on a chair with his head hung low as their mother lays on the bed beside him with the sheets pulled up. The older boys block the view for the youngest ones as they make their way towards the baby incubator where their new little sister lies.

"She's so tiny" Malcom comments as he watches the little baby girl sleep peacefully.

"Can I give her a hug?" Isaiah asks innocently as he looks to the older ones for an answer.

"Sorry bud but you're gonna have to wait a bit for that" Domenic says while placing his hand on the small boy's head.

"What's her name?" Malcolm asks no one in particular while staring at his sister.

"Isabelle" Zane muttered under his breath.

"Like your friend who passed away recently?" Ezekiel asks, looking at his brother.

"She was my best friend and like a sister to me so i want her name to be Isabelle" He says as he dries his tearful eyes.

"That's pretty" Isaiah comments as Zane nods.

"Isabelle it is" Ezekiel confirms, reaching out his hand towards the little hand. The little hand grabs a hold of his finger, squeezing it tightly making Ezekiel smile even more.

"Let's make a promise.." He starts with his finger still in his sister's hand.

"Let's promise to always protect our little sister no matter what, always" He says seriously.

"Of course we are, it's a promise" Zane says as they all nod in agreement.

"What about dad?" Malcolm asks, looking at their depressed father.

"Give him some time. I'm sure he'll be alright.. I hope" Domenic says while mumbling the last part to himself.

Such a tragic yet beautiful day for the Romano brothers. Little did they know that it would all get even worse. 

A/N: Hi and welcome to my new book! What did you think about the first chapter?