Chapter 7

*Sophie’s POV*

We finished getting ready quickly, packed our backpacks and just as we got to the door we looked at each other.

“How on earth are we going to get around London without a bloody car?” I said throwing my hand up in the air in defeat.

“Well the lady obviously knew we were going to go and explore. There has to be a car or two here.” Said Brianna.

That’s when we spotted it.

A small little table situated next to the doorway.

We bolted towards it and saw a letter and fifteen sets of car keys.

The letter read,

The staff here all anticipated 50 girls wanting to explore the vast city of London. And thanks to our sponsors for the show we have been able to provide you with fifteen cars to roam the city. Four to three girls per car. The car you choose is yours and your friends to use for the rest of your stay. No dents, scratches or any damage to the car can be made.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Management x

Gawking at the letter we looked at the keys.

Fifteen different cars, all different brands. We were spoiled for choice.

Of course me being me locked my eyes on the keys for the Mini Cooper and picked them up.

I shook them in front of the girls so that the keys chinked against each other.

“We’ve got our car girls, and she’s a beauty.” I said grinning widely at them.

Racing to the door with the girls hot on my heels I yanked it open and ran out into the grand driveway, my bag banging against my back.

I pressed the unlock button and heard a small click and saw some flashing lights on my right side. Turning I came face to face with a huge gravel parking slot filled with the fifteen different cars and I spotted my new baby. The bright red, soft top Mini Cooper sitting at the very end of the row of cars. I pointed to it and walked over to it with the girls.

I jumped into the driver’s seat, Eleanor took shot gun, and Brianna and Nicola were in the back. I turned on the engine and brought down the retractable roof taking off my beanie in the process. It was about to get windy.

Eleanor plugged in my iPhone to the cord and put my playlist on shuffle. ‘Stereo Soldier’ blared out of the speakers.

I smiled at everyone and yelled, “Time to hit the shops!”  We laughed together and pulled out of the driveway and onto the highway.

The wind whipped at my hair as we drove towards the center of London, well with the help of the GPS on Eleanor’s phone.

We all sang along to the songs coming out of my phone as we drove through London admiring all of the wonderful landmarks. But we didn’t have much time to stop and sight see. It was already 2:30 in the afternoon so we needed to get shopping.

I parked the car in a large parking complex and we walked the short distance to London’s shopping hub.

Oxford Street.

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………

We visited all the stores we could find and boy did we shop.

I swear if I could’ve I would’ve bought the whole of each store.

It was like shopping paradise.

I would tell you what we bought but it would take up about an hour of your time that you could be using better. Let’s just say that we all bought a nice outfit for tonight’s after party. Because there is always an after party for any good concert.

The time was now 6 o’clock so we only had an hour left before we had to be back to the House.

And since it only took us half an hour to get to the main hub of London from the house I decided that we should go to a traditional sweet store and stock up on our fair share of sweets and chips for the time we would be spending in the House.

We walked about a block or two to find the small corner sweet shop that was shown on the GPS. It was a gorgeous little traditional shop full of all the junk food you could think of.

Each of us grabbed our own basket and we filled all of them.

We bought Pringles, Hula Hoops, Flying Saucers, Rock Candy, Haribo, Twizzlers, Pebbles, Pocky, and Chocolate Rocks; basically anything that was edible in that store.

Getting back to the car didn’t take long, but I’m surprised that all of our bags fitted in the trunk.

We all stuffed our as many of our purchases as we could into the small duffle bags that we bought to hide the fact that we had gone all out with our shopping journey. Then we placed them in the trunk and hopped in.

It was now 6:25 so we drove out of town, fast.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

The trip back to the House took us half an hour. We pulled into the drive, parked and fast/kath and kim walked into the house with our duffle bags and shopping bags in hand.

We opened the door to see loads of other girls filling up the area of the lobby, suitcases sprawled all around the place. Our suitcases were still over in the corner where we left them last.

Placing our newly acquired bags down with the rest of our things we headed back out into the jungle of girls surrounding us.

I saw a mop of wavy brown hair and knew instantly who it was. I pointed her out to the girls and we walked towards her. She was busy talking to someone that I hadn’t met before so I lightly tapped her on the shoulder.

She turned her head and smiled at me.

“Sophie!” She yelled in delight. I laughed at her enthusiasm and pulled her into a hug.

“It’s good to see you again after a couple of hours Hazel.” I chuckled.

She then took it upon herself to hug Eleanor, Brianna and Nicola before turning her attention to the girl who she was talking to previously.

“Girls, I’d like you to meet Priscilla! She’s a Louis girl.” We all laughed and waved at the girl. She had nice long dark blonde hair pinned behind her ear with a couple of bobby pins. Her blue eyes shone and a wide smile spread across her face.

“Hi everyone.” She said with a small wave.

“This is Sophie, Eleanor, Brianna, and Nicola.” Hazel said while pointing at us.

“Hey!” We all said in unison.

And just to be that weird annoying person I said with a very solid English accent, “’Ello love my names Sophie. I’m part British, part Scottish, part Welsh, part Irish, part Australian, and part French.”

Everyone laughed at my idiocy and that’s when we heard the familiar clicking of heels on the marble floor.