Chapter 12. You always wear it wrong!

Aiko ran out of her own home as she and Joe seemed to be having an argument "I don't care! You can't just do that to people Joe! So what if they hurt me? You always tell me to always forgive people dammit! Why can't you keep those ideals up right now?" She pleaded with the Pink haired boy as he walked out behind her "Because Aiko! They aren't able to hurt you anymore are they!? I just want to keep you safe!" He argued "oh so keeping me safe is ruining any chance I have at a social life? Making friends!? My older sister said not to ever trust you! I should've liste..." Aiko trailed off as now a firey inferno of fury lit up her eyes "You absolutely self centered egotistical Yandere!" She started to run towards Joe her arms slowly growing hair as she started to turn into her mid form between human and oversized wolf "You killed her! You killed Emiri!" Aiko barked as she suddenly lept upon the boy. "Aiko, wait!" He yelled as she chased him inside the house, her fingers becoming similar to that of claws as she scratched the floor board beneath her and would launch at her Pink Devil as to respond though he could only avoid her. To afraid to use his flames in fear that he may hurt her "Bastard!" Her eyes gave off a dim glow as she finally would pin Joe to the ground as she would slowly and fully transform into her wolf form. The quilting fur on her body was a powerfully red amber that did nothing bit sheen in the light her eyes still a bright blue as her paws would slam down on the boys arms and slowly begin to crush them as her claws started to dig into them. Joe screamed and Aiko didn't care as she barked at him "He killed her!" Was all her mind screamed as she would growl and open her mouth as she would clench it around his throat a area that only she knew was especially sensitive. She didn't plan on teasing him this time, this time she planned on killing him, she would slowly start to bring her teeth together, she didn't even question what she was going to do till she had felt a sudden heat push her back "Aiko! I didn't kill her! I'm not fucking crazy!" Joe roared as Aiko started to slowly revert back to human form "Now will you listen to me!? I didn't kill her! She's safe I promise!" He explained as she would slap her oversized hoodie a bit before running at him again, this time going to slash at his eyes "Bastard! What have you done with Emiri!" Aiko demanded. He would use his flames and form them into a set of arms to block Aikos attempt at scratching him before throwing her back and slamming her wrists against a wall and creating ropes to restrain legs. "You do nothing but abuse you power! And use me as an excuse to do so! You do nothing but use me! Use me as an excuse to defy everything! Even yourself!" Aiko continued as she suddenly realized how expressionless Joe's face had become. Suddenly a loud crack would be heard as she felt his hands suddenly, one was placed on her cheek while the other rested on the nape of her neck, her face was red with rage but once she felt his touch her tears streamed endlessly "Where...is.." she muttered before feeling his lips caress hers in such a way that it made her forget how angry she was at him and why she was. She could feel a sudden warmth embrace her as her heart started to pound and her hoodie suddenly felt suffocating "Aiko...she's safe...I wouldn't lie to you" he said as he disconnected the kiss that was oh so addictive to Aiko "Where is she then?" "Easy, right here" he would gesture to the house "just I can't get her out" he explained "when me and her last fully spoke she asked me to test a drink for her to see if it was drinkable at all she said it'd allow me to protect you more but it had some small dose of an ability enhancer and when she let me take a drink I chugged so that way if it was dangerous she wouldn't drink it but....it was meant to kill me it filled my body with some kind of suffocating tar liquid...I mean after a minute I was fine which is when Emiri panicked and.." He would lift up his shirt a bit and point to a scar right below his belly button "I didn't realize it but at the time she had cut me pretty deep and so I had retaliated except it wasn't exactly me for a second....I took something from her and her body vanished basically" Aiko would take a second to process this and it sorta made sense but at the same time it didn't. She would sigh as the flames around her wrists and legs dissipated "Wait how am I not burnt?" She questioned "My flames can't hurt you only disable your ability, if I have control over my emotions that is" he explained as he would pick up Aiko again "so is the mood swing over? Cause I kinda liked mad and assertive Aiko" "oh hush up!" The two laughed as they would connect again pecking each other's lips a few times before committing to it. A few hours later The two would be separated again, Aiko in her room embarrassed about what had happened and Joe was in her room but spinning around in a chair before stopping himself. "Aiko its not that bad we talked about this, besides I'm suprised you forgot about you-" "I didn't forget about her Joe just, I trust your answer and one day we will get her back...one day" she murmered before Joe would crawl onto the bed "I love you" he said as he would slowly approach her "I love you too but aren't you tired out ye-" and suddenly she was wrapped into another addictive kiss.

Joe smirked as he pressed his hand further into a tree that had been reduced to nothing but a pink lava like mesh, "I can do it now! Aiko! I can bring back Emiri!" He howled out as he laughed once more before launching into the air with only one objective in mind. Save Aiko.

Kia and Aiko were running through the now burning main base looking for the obvious cause of the raging flames. As Aiko heard her name being uttered she would freeze, her bodily instincts trying to take over and avoid whatever the apprent danger was but the intensity of her fear had made her knees buckle underneath her weight as she dropped to the ground with a defeated expression unable to even scream as she knew what was too come of her mistake of not killing Joe when she had the chance. Kia would look towards where she had heard yelling and was greeted by the sight of Joe plunging his hand through a teen mother and her child "Don't worry...after the Cloud Save is over...I can guarantee yo-" he would stop himself as he locked eyes with Kia "Just the girl I wanted to see" the Pink Devil said with a devilish smirk before cloaking himself in flames "Where is she!?" He roared as he launched at her. Kia would swing her arms around creating a dome barrier so thin and powerful that no naked human eye could ever see it, had it made contact with Joe while he hurled himself it would've certainly cut him down to even the atomic level had it made contact with him. He would've stopped just before making contact with the invisible barrier, he would inspect it with his gaze as if he was able to physically process where each tiny atom splitting thing of string was. "N-no..." Kia refused to believe that he could that he could see where each of her string like claws had been placed "Hmmm let's see if this works" the pink devil would back away from the barrier before he started to spin using his flames to help propel him.

Kia's Ability was named by her grandmother who had the same ability 'Edge' which basically allows her to create sharp edges out of string like appendages that come from her body, Thanks to this it allows her to weaponize her body to the very extreme and with her extreme training she can even slice through atoms.

The Pink Devil would sink into the earth by melting the ground beneath him while spinning to help speed up the process. He would then appear on the inside of the barrier "Ironic isn't it? The same thing that protected you has spelled out your doom" he remarked as he would set off an explosion of pink flames around him.