Chapter 6. How it feels to take care of another

Joe would fly back up to the cave and land outside after seeing a bright light come from inside of the cave he rushed inside worried that Mal's safety might've been compromised only for his worries to be quelled when he saw she was only just waking up appeent by her rubbing her eye and slowly noticing he was there once she did though she would wave and the pink devil would give a rare smile before going over and picking up Mal. The small 8 year old's body weighed almost like nothing inside of his arms "I had a bad dream...." she said softly the pink haired boy only laying her back on the bed he had "Well what was it about?" He asked innocently as he started to tuck her in "You breaking your promise..." she mumbled barely audible although the pink devil would sigh knowing what she had said "here how about I make you a promise that not even I can break, will that satisfy you?" He said trying to calm the child from her worries.

Aiko would be breathing heavily as she tossed and turned in her sleep, seeming like she was trying to escape whatever she was dreaming about. She eventually woke up screaming "Filthy Cheater! Your noth-" She silenced herself when she looked around "Calm down...he's not gonna bother you anymore...he isn't around anymore!" She thought trying to calm herself. Kia would have been awoken by the girls screaming and sighed as she turned to face her "Jeez guess the yandere must've cheated really badly then if you are still beat up about it" She remarked as she would sit down in her bed and pat next to her "you need to vent and explain things more then what you have, so sit and talk." The blonde ordered. Aiko would nod in compliance and sit next to Kia "Now explain"

In the mourning Joe would wake up, he was laying in the bed with Mal curled up in his arms and a book in his hands. He lightly chuckled before sighing "Welp time to start to work on all of this, after all I got to make food for the child" he concluded before getting up and heading outside of the cave and flying off to find things he would need for breakfast. After an hour he would return and set up a fireplace inside of the cave towards the entrance where he would set a small flame under a pot, he "borrowed" it from the main camp Aiko and Kia were currently at, the pot itself was filled with water which would start to boil due to the heat under it. Mal would slowly wake up to the smell of pancakes? She quickly shot up and would make eye contact with the Pink Devil as he would set a plate of blueberry pancakes next to her with a fork "enjoy" he said before heading towards the entrance again "where are you going mister?" She asked as she observed him preparing to fly off "to go find us a proper place to stay" he replied before flying off.

A girl with bright blue hair and eyes would be talking with another female with short white hair that seemed to be in exact shades as the pure white dress she wore, her eyes were a Crimson red, the two seemed to be having pleasant conversation at a dinner table with breakfast infront of them. All seemed just peachy until the blue haired girl would leave to the bathroom at which once the white haired girl was alone she would feel it, her ability was telling her to run and run far away right now! She looked around frantically trying to locate the danger DUCK her instincts yelled as her body responded, she took cover under the table as an immense heat went over her "The hell!? Is this a setup!? Dammit!" She thought before kicking the table into the air and launching towards the door. The door was wide open which was odd until she dodged a pillar of flames that was shot from the other side of a wall "Shit!" She thought as she jumped up and would punch through the ceiling allowing her entry onto the second floor of the house. The house was a two story 5 bedrooms an attic and basement with one of the rooms taking up most of the house itself. The white haired girl would pant a bit as her eyes gave off a glow Ditch the house her instincts screamed as she would launch towards the wall crossing her arms in an X. Once she launched out the wall and out of the house she would be grabbed by two pink flaming ropes, one wrapped around her throat the other her waist, she felt her instincts go silent as she looked at whoever was on the other end of the ropes her eyes widening as she saw the pink hair of a very old enemy "Its good to see you Mei, let's talk for a bit alright?" The pink devil smiled as he would pull the girl close before flying off.