Chapter 30- broken promise

Christine's pov a week later
Today was even crazier than yesterday. Now I literally look like the life sized version of Barbie. They make me wear makeup all the time and I had to dye my hair blond. Not my best look in my opinion but everyone says that blond is in. The business is driving me crazy. They even change how I act. I'm being trained to say this and that and always smile and never show weakness. I'm starting to wonder who I am. If there's anyone left under all the makeup and training. The movie is going great though. It's really fun. I haven't hung out with Lucy in forever but I talk with her whenever I can. Which more recently is not that much. Things aren't stopping for her. People are jerks even with her new look. And her dad is still an alcoholic. I felt terrible for her. I thought maybe she would have a second chance at a happy life but it doesn't seem that's the case. Jace and I barley see each other. Im really worried that we'll grow apart and everything will fall apart. But that can't happen. He loved me and I love him. I'm just having a lot of trouble balancing it all. Today I was on set and I got a text from Lucy. Seriously bad timing. I really can't talk right now.
Convo
L hey Christine
L I have bad news
L Theron broke up with me
L are you there
C I can't talk now
C you'll be fine
L what
C I'm sorry but I have to go
L oh sure just push me off to the side again
L I'm starting to see what kind of friend you are Christine
C bye
I turned off my phone. I wanted to talk but the director was talking and I really couldn't be texting now. I went home that day and was watching tv on the couch with jace when the door bell rang. "I'll get it." I said and went to the door. When I opened it I gasped. I saw Lucy. But her face was pale and tear stained and she was thinner. And she was angry. "So this is how you treat friends?! I needed you for days and you ignored me! You always say your so busy while your off getting manicures!" She screamed. "Lucy I have to look like this. It's for work. And I've just been busy. Everyone says that I have to be fancy so they like me. "Since when did other people ever decide for you! What happened to you!" She said. "Look things change!" I said annoyed. "Apparently so do people." She said. But she was right. Since when is it anyone else's decision what I look and act like? "I'm still me." I said. "Really? Cause all I see now is them! I was right. There really is no one left who cares." She said the last part to herself. "Goodbye Christine. Enjoy the glamour life!" With that she jumped off the porch and ran. "Lucy wait!" I called but she didn't even look back. I closed the door. Shocked. What had just happened? What is going to happen? I went back to the couch. "It was Lucy. She didn't look good but she ran away before I could really talk to her." Jace looked concerned. "Will she be okay?" He asked. "I don't know. I have to try to talk to her." For the rest of the night I tried to call and text her but I never got an answer. I had a really bad feeling. "She's just blowing off steam." People told me. The next day on Henry danger set I was sitting with jace when someone came in. "Are you Christine Valentine?" He said to me. "Yes. What is it?" I asked. "When was the last time you heard from Lucy glecshire?" My heart dropped. "Yesterday afternoon why?" I asked nervously. "Because she was just found dead in her house. She hung herself. I'm sorry." Then he left. I lost it. I cried and screamed into Jaces shoulder as he tried to comfort me to no avail. I had broken my promise. Lucy was dead because of me. I wasn't there for her. I let my best friend die. That's three people who have died because of me. She died because I was so wrapped up in my career I shut her out. I was all she had and I abandoned her. I'm a truly terrible person.