Chapter twenty- hiding

Jaces pov
They had to put her back to sleep. It made me think of how they treat dogs. They allowed me to see her as long as she was asleep and wouldn't wake up and freak out again. I sat by her side for hours talking to her. Even though I know she can't hear me. I told her about how lonely it was on set without her, and how her character has gone on vacation. Then she started to wake up so I leaned forward and kissed her on the cheek. "I love you." I whispered then left. I walked out to the waiting room where everyone was and they were talking to the doctor. "What are you talking about?" I asked. The doctor turned to me. "We're talking about Christine. She's definitely making progress health wise, and if that were all she would be leaving tomorrow." I waited. "But?" I asked. "But she tried to kill herself. And she still seems mentally unstable. We can't just let her walk out. We're going to keep her in the mental recovery wing for three weeks." I couldn't believe my ears. "Three weeks! You can't just keep her here like a caged animal! You can't make her stay!" The doctor remained calm. "She has agreed to stay. She doesn't think she can be by herself yet. So we'll start with three weeks and see if that's enough. She also agreed on not having any visitors for the first two weeks." That can't be true. "You're lying! She would want to see her friends!" Now the doctor seemed annoyed. "We think that isolation is the best thing for her right now to get her thoughts in order and just focus on herself. She wants to stay so it's decided. You can see her in two weeks." And then the doctor turned and left. I tried to follow him but Sean held me back. "Your all just going to let this happen?!" I yelled at him. "Look we all want to see her too. But the doctors are right. If we're not careful we could lose her for good. So I would rather wait and be safe." They wouldn't let me see her anymore that day. Because starting tomorrow she's on lock down. This is going to be a long two weeks.

Christine's pov
I keep hearing voices. More specifically one voice. It tells me about life outside. But every time I open my eyes the room is empty. I wasn't sure if I really heard it but then I was sure. I had woken up but didn't open my eyes. I heard someone whisper "I love you." Then they kissed my cheek and left. Jace. I was glad to hear his voice. To feel his presence. I felt safe. I wasn't mad anymore. I know he was trying to help me. But I can't face him yet. Everyone thinks I'm crazy? Fine. I'm okay with being alone for a while. Three weeks seemed a little excessive but whatever. The truth is I'm ashamed of what I did. Not that I was embarrassed, but I really did know how much it hurt everyone, and no matter what no one would look at me the same. They would all think that I'm crazy forever and it would be awkward and I'm just not ready to face that reality yet. So the next day my stuff was moved into a room with white walls. A white bed at the far wall. A table with two chairs in the center and some widows on one side. I'm guessing they had safety glass and they don't open but I could see out over the city. There was a TV with Netflix and wii. The wii had things like sports stuff and Mario cart and they had to approve of what I watched but it was better than nothing. I know that this was better for everyone right now but I still feel bad about this. I heard jace yelling outside. I wanted to hug him, kiss him. I just wanted to see him and go home and pretend like none of this ever happened. But that's impossible. It's time to embrace the horror. This is life now. There's no going back. I walked over to my bed and sat. I just looked around for a while. I got bored pretty fast so I turned on the tv and watched Armageddon. The movie always made me laugh and cry at the same time. I was only to the part where the first space ship crashes and I was crying when the door opened and a nurse came in. "You have your first session with the doctor at 5:30 and dinner in the cafeteria at 6:30. Are you alright?" I realized I was crying and wiped my tears quickly. "Oh yeah! I'm fine! Just a really emotional movie!" She gave me a look of disbelief and walked out. It was 5:15 now so I watched the movie for about ten more minutes. I then turned off the tv and pressed a button on the door and said where I wanted to go and they unlocked the door. I walked into the hallway and followed the signs to dr. Marines office. I waited outside until a boy walked out and ran down the hall. I went in and saw a woman sitting at a desk and she smiled at me. "Hello Christine. Please sit." I sat across from her and stared at my hands. "Look if your here to lecture me about how wrong what did was I don't need to hear it. I know I screwed up." She laughed a little. "I'm not here to talk about what you did. I'm here to talk about what you can do. I want to be your friend and help you, but only if you'll let me." I nodded and we talked for a while about lots of things. About my life and what's happened to me ever since I was little. "I will admit you've had a bumpy road! But now your here and there are other people who truly know how you feel. I think if you talk to them you'll see your not alone." She said to me. "Thanks but all due respect I don't think anyone will understand." I said. "I'll make you a deal. I'll let you go to dinner, but you have to talk to at least one person. You might just be surprised." "Fine." I said and stood up. I was almost to the door when the doctor said one last thing. "And Christine?" "Yeah." "You really aren't alone. This isn't the end of your life. I really hope you get to see that." I closed the door and started walking to the cafeteria. Talk to one person. Can't be that hard! Right?