Chapter four-Got it!!

Christine's pov
"So?" I asked. He smiled strange. "Well they liked you!" He said. He started dragging it out. "Oh just tell me already!" I shouted and punched him playfully in the arm. "Okay okay! Ouch! Anyways, what I was going to say before you punched me was that we have a lot of work to do if your going to be ready for LA in a week!" He said. "I got the role?!" I said excitedly. "Yeah baby!" I jumped up and down and then I kissed him on the cheek. "Oh. Um sorry. Got caught up in the moment." I said and blushed hard and stared at my shoes. "It's cool, whatever. Anyways we have a lot of things to talk about so I'll call my mom to discuss the plan." He did and she came. She greeted me and we all sat down. "So we will need I talk to your guardian and make sure you are clear to move, make sure you have a place to move to, and then you will have a week to pack up and get your affairs in order." She said. "Wait what? A week for all that!" I said surprised. I thought that it would take like a month for all this to get sorted out! "They need you right away! Hollywood doesn't wait. But getting your parents on board will be the real challenge." She said. "Oh don't worry about my dad. He will be totally cool with it. He's never home anyways so he shouldn't care. How could he possibly say no?" I said. Boy was I wrong.
Later at the house.
"No." "But dad this is the opportunity of a life time!" I said. I had gone back to the house with Jaces mom and Jace. "We can't afford to just pack up everything and move across the country! I have a very successful lawyering career here and I would like to keep it that way!" My dad said. "But they need lawyers in LA! And this could bring in a pretty big paycheck!" I argued. "Maybe it brings in one paycheck, but acting is not a steady income career!" He said. "Who said this was going to be my career? I'm 14!" I said. "Then if it's not your career then why are we moving?" He shot back. "Ugh!" I yelled. "If I may intervene, you may not have to move if you have her permission to stay with us." Mrs. Norman said. "You! No offense, but how do we even know your for real? How do we even know your not just trying to kidnap her or make money off of her?" My dad asked. "Dad!" I said. "No no he has a valid point with his suspicions. Here's the producers number and address. They can verify everything." He handed my dad a card and he called the number. He talked for a while then hung up. "Okay so your for real, but I don't want my daughter moving across the country by herself!" My dad said. "I'M FOURTEEN!" I yelled. "No! Your not going anywhere and that's final." He said. "Can you give us a few minuets alone please?" I asked jace and mrs. Norman. They nodded and left. "Okay dad what is your problem? You've never told me I couldn't do something!" I said. "You've never told we that you wanted to move to California! And I just don't think that acting is a good profession!" He said. "Oh and waitressing is such a "good profession?" I said sarcastically. "Hey there is nothing wrong with being a waitress. Your mother was a waitress." He said, his voice getting soft at the thought of her. "I know. And I know how much she loved that. And there's nothing wrong with being a waitress, but don't you think that she would want something more for me? Don't you think that if I got an opportunity to do something great, she would want me to take it?" I said. "I can't lose you, your all I got left." He started to say with tears in his eyes. "You won't lose me." Was all I could think to say. "You know what? Fine. Go do whatever. Be miss big shot for a while, but don't say I didn't warn you that your fifteen minutes of fame will end someday." And with that he went and signed the release papers on the table and stormed out of the house. "I can't believe I'm going to LA!" I shouted and hugged jace. We celebrated for a while. But I still felt wrong. I still had a knot in my stomach from the fight. I ordered a pizza and we are it while we waited for my dad to come back. I told mrs. Norman that she didn't have to wait but she insisted I not be alone. But my dad didn't come back.