Chapter sixteen-Words

Jaces pov
Christine has seemed a little off lately. She seems distant. I don't always notice it but usually it's after she was alone for a while. I've tried to find out what was happening but when I asked her she said she was fine and she always changes the subject. I want to do something that she will love. I know exactly what to get her.

Christine's pov
This is getting worse. I posted a picture of jace and I trying to balance spoons on our noses and commented. "Disfunction squad😜" More and more people seem to be joining in with this one person. They all say things like. "Your so retarded!" And things like. "Stop trying to pretend that people like you!" When I woke up this morning there was at least fifteen new hater comments. It was really starting to get to me. What if that's what everyone thinks of me? There was absolutely no way I could tell Jace. He would flip and make a big deal out of it. After all it wasn't that big a deal. And I know that I took health class and everything and I know that I should stop. Block. And tell, but I haven't responded so I did stop. But there's way too many people to block, and telling someone would be the worst idea ever. Because it's not like they could do anything about it. It sounds a lot easier to handle this stuff in class. But I can handle this alone so no one else needs to know. Jace keeps trying to make me tell him what's wrong but I won't tell him. After all these are just words. They shouldn't bother me. But then why do they? I got to work and went to my dressing room. I was waiting in my costume for when they needed me, but my phone got a notification. I knew that I shouldn't have read it but my curiosity got the best of me. I read the comment, then my phone hit the floor. "You better watch yourself. Because we're all around. If we see you in public or not we're going to mess you up!" That scared me. What if they were serious? I started seeing other comments agreeing with it and I just wanted to run away. I pretended like I was fine the rest of the day, but the minute I had to leave the studio I was scared. I packed up my stuff then I went outside to wait for Jaces mom. I couldn't stop looking around and making sure I was alone. I heard a noise behind me and I screamed a little and spun around. "Woah! It's okay! It's just me Christine!" Jace said and walked up to me. "Oh. Sorry." I mumbled. "What's up with you? You've been acting weird all day." He said. "I'm not acting weird. It's nothing." I said staring at my shoes. "I can tell when your lying you know? Come on what's up?" I got annoyed. "I said it's nothing so just drop it!" I raised my voice a little then realized how I sounded and calmed down. "Sorry. I'm just tired." I said quietly. "It's fine let's just go home." He said and gave me a hug. I knew nothing would happen as long as I had him around me. We got in the car and went home. I buried myself in my bed. I was still scared that something would happen to me. It took all my strength not to cry. Soon jace came upstairs. "Hey we should go for a walk in the park." I immediately got nervous. "Uh- I dm t want to." I panicked. "What why not?" "Because I- I'm t-tired and s-stuff!" I tried to lie. He looked was holding something behind his back as he walked up to me. "Well that's too bad because I really think this little guy wants to go for a walk!" I looked at him confused. Then he pulled out a little yellow lab puppy from behind his back and I shot out of bed. "You got me a puppy?!" I said excitedly. "Yeah! You always said how much you wanted one so I got him." Jace said smiling. Then he put the puppy up to his face. "Pweaz take me home?" He mimicked the puppy I laughed and took the puppy for him. "What should we name it?" I asked. "How about Christine number two?" Jace joked. "Yeah no! How about caramel?" We agreed on caramel and then we decided to go to a pet store and get some stuff like a dog bed, dog treats and toys, and food. Then we brought it back and set it up in my room. "So how about that walk in the park?" Jace prodded. "Alright fine! But you have to come with me!" He agreed and we took caramel for a walk. "So I guess we're parents now?" Jace said. "Yeah let's keep it animal parents for a while!" We laughed then I got serious. "Look jace I'm sorry if I've seemed odd lately I've just been under a lot of pressure lately, but I'm so glad that I still have you and I couldn't be anymore grateful for that." I said and jace looked me in the eye. "I will always be there for you. I'm promise. I love you Christine. And nothing can change that." Then I couldn't help but press my lips to his for a while. "You know what I just realized?" I said. "What?" He asked. "We've only been on like one official date!" I said. "Huh your right! I guess we'll have to fix that!" He said smugly.