Chapter eighteen- interviews

Christine's pov
I haven't eaten in days. I pretend to, but I never do. I'm fooling everyone into thinking I'm okay, but I'm not. Still more comments show up and break off a little piece of me each time. Yet no matter how little I eat I still look the same just paler. I wear makeup and cover up the cuts with long sleeves. This morning when I counted I had twelve cuts on each arm. I hate the person I've become. I could try to blame everyone else, but I'm the only one to blame. For being me, for coming here in the first place. I just want it all to end. I barely get out of bed I the morning. I got to set today and found out that they were interviewing jace about me coming here. I wish I could care. After all they were taking about me. But I'm guessing it will just spread more hate. I've grown distant from everyone. I just want them to leave me alone. I don't even know who I can trust anymore. During the middle of the day I decided to talk to Jace. I wanted to apologize about being so distant and to talk about what was happening to me. I heard that he was practicing for the interview with Riele so I go find them. I was about to open the door when I hear their voices. "Okay so I'm the interviewer and when I ask a question just answer it as honestly as possible." Riele said. "Sure. Let's start." Jace said. "So we heard that your new co star Christine is from Maine and has no experience? Why is that? How do you feel about that?" Riele asked. "Well yes she's from Maine We chose her because we wanted to show people that even the people from no where could be stars. Kind of like a charity. I that it was a stupid idea. I was not on board at all!" Was I hallucinating? Did jace really mean what he just said? I stumbled through the door. They like startled. "So that's what you really think of me?! I was always just a charity?!" I said. Then I ran out of the room crying and jace followed. "Christine i can explain!" "SAVE IT! I can't believe i actually thought I meant something to you! But now I guess the truth is out! I never meant anything to you! And to think I actually thought i wasn't alone! But I should have realized sooner that you never cared! I was always just a charity to you! You lied to me! You told me I had talent! But you never meant it! I guess you lied when you td me you loved me too!" I started out yelling but got quiet at the end. "No! That's not true! I love you! Please trust me!" He begged. "How can I trust you after you lied to me! But you don't have to lie anymore. I know the truth. None of this ever mattered to you. It was all just a show." I was crying hard now. Waterfalls of tears flowed away. "No please-" "screw you! Get out of my life and leave me alone! And if you follow me I'll hurt you! Goodbye jace." Then I ran away again. I ran home and up to my room. I cried my eyes out. Then it hit me like a bullet in the chest. I realized that I was truly, and utterly alone. My whole life was a lie. I heard all the comments on my head telling me to drop dead. I guess if that what they want. I set up my phone and hit record and stood in front of the camera and wiped my tears. "My name is Christine valentine, I'm 13 years old, my parents are dead and my life sucks. I now know that I was never loved by anyone. Everyone hates me but I don't know why. I guess I'm just tired of being alone. I'm tired of staying where I get criticized for my every move. You all said how much you wish I was dead so I guess you got your wish. My name is Christine valentine and I'm tired of fighting, so goodbye. I hope you have a better life than me." I stopped the video and posted it. I had no tears left. I knew what had to be done. I shut off my phone and set it on the bed. I straightened up my room. I hugged the picture of my parents and told them I would see them soon. I hugged caramel. Then I walked into the bathroom. Caramel tried I follow me it I locked the door and I could hear her barking outside. I could tell that she was telling me "don't do it! Please don't do it!" But I opened the cabinet. There was three bottles full of different kinds of pills. I opened the bottles and swallowed them all. Then I took out my razor and cut a deep cut in each of my wrists. I could feel the blood rushing from me. Caramels barks got farther and farther away. Things started to spin. I heard the door crash open downstairs and then I hit the floor and everything faded away. The last thing I heard was a banging on the door and jace calling. "Christine! Christine!"

Jaces pov earlier
I had the perfect speech for the interview. I was going to sound like I didn't time the idea at first. But then say how much I loved Christine now. But I never got to finish. Christine heard the beginning and just broke. Then she ran away. I lost her in the crowd but then I was sure she had left. I was scared. I checked all the parks and beaches but this time I was sure she wasn't in any of them. I got back to the studio then checked her Instagram. I saw the whole video. I freaked out. I can't lose her! I started to head for the door but Cooper stopped me. "Hey where are you going? We have a scene to shoot!" He didn't know what was happening. "NO! CHRISTINE IS IN TROUBLE SHES GOING TO KILL HERSELF WE HAVE TO SAVE HER!" I screamed and coopers face turned serious. "We have to go now!" He said. We got in his car and sped home. When we got there I couldn't find my key an the door was locked. I started banging frantically on the door and I could hear caramel barking on the other side. Cooper ran up and kicked the door down. I heard a thump. Caramel was going crazy and I ran around checking every room. I ran to her room and saw her phone on the bed. Then I saw the bathroom door closed. There was blood seeping from under it. I ran to it and it was locked. "Christine! Christine!" I got the door open and I saw all the pill bottles and the blade on the floor. All next to a motionless Christine. She was bleeding bad but she wasn't dead. Yet. I screamed for Cooper to call an ambulance and I tried to stop the bleeding. Soon I was covered in her blood as I held her in my lap and caramel licked her face. The ambulance came and I heard them say that she was almost dead. I was in a complete panic. They took her to the hospital and we followed. Soon Sean, Riele, and Ella all showed up too. When they saw me their jaws dropped. Then I remembered I was covered in blood. Some of the nurses came and had me clean up. I tried hard not to cry but it was impossible. This was all my fault. I should have deleted the account myself. I should have paid closer attention to Christine. I souls have been a better boyfriend. I wasn't there for her and now she has to pay for it. We all sat anxiously waiting for news. For a while there was none.