63 - The Fat is in The Fire

Ting Shuang gave Zhu Wenjia’s head a hard slap, “Why did you address him that way?”

Zhu Wenjia rubbed his eyes and took a good look at Bai Changyi, “Oh, so this uncle isn’t my sister-in-law. Then where’s my sister-in-law?”

This time Ting Shuang really didn’t dare look at Bai Changyi’s expression. He brought Zhu Wenjia aside and lowered his voice, “That is your sister-in-law, but you can’t call him sister-in-law, you can call him… you can call him Bai Ge.”

Zhu Wenjia wanted to express his personal opinion, but Ting Shuang warned, “I’ll give you pocket money for next month. How much you get depends on your performance.”

Zhu Wenjia said, “Ge, why are you like our dad, always talking about money. Where did the affection between us go?”

Ting Shuang said, “Fine, then I won’t give you money for next month, I’ll give you affection, okay?”

“In that case, you’d better give me money.” Zhu Wenjia was held at gunpoint, and went to give Bai Changyi a proper greeting, “Sister-in– Bai Ge, sorry for just now. I was just a little dizzy from the plane ride.”

Bai Changyi was not upset, and said that they should eat first.

While Bai Changyi was parking the car after they reached the restaurant, Zhu Wenjia said to Ting Shuang, “Hey Ge, what does my sister-in-law do? He seems pretty high up on the social ladder.”

Ting Shuang said, “He’s a university professor.”

“My god,” Zhu Wenjia said, “You’re really living a life of academics.”

Ting Shuang said, “Behave yourself in front of him, don’t fool around. The things you’ve played and the things you haven’t; he has already done them all.”

Zhu Wenjia agreed readily, but in the end it was not the case at all.

At the dinner table, despite only just getting acquainted with Bai Changyi, he began inquiring about whether there were any interesting places here. Bai Changyi recommended several museums, and Zhu Wenjia waved his hand, “Not those kinds of places, I’m talking about the kind of adult—”

“Zhu Wenjia.” Ting Shuang interrupted, “From now on, I will only reimburse your normal expenses, such as going to restaurants, supermarkets, museums, bookstores, swimming pools, gyms, etc. If you want to sign up for a class to learn something new, I’ll pay for that too. As for anything else, don’t even think about it.”

Zhu Wenjia turned to Bai Changyi, “Bai Ge, look at my brother, he’s abusing me, you have to punish him.”

Bai Changyi wanted to laugh, but held back, “I can’t, my card’s with him.”

It turned out that his sister-in-law was not the one in charge.

Zhu Wenjia could only temporarily admit defeat.

When they arrived home at night, Ting Shuang exited the bedroom he’d cleaned up for Zhu Wenjia.

“I’ll tell you some things you have to take note of.” Ting Shuang said, “Don’t act as casually as you did at my house in the past.”

Zhu Wenjia slumped on the bed, playing with his mobile phone, “I am now a little cabbage, relying on others to live. Neither my brother nor my sister-in-law cares for me.”

“If your brother and sister-in-law truly didn’t care, you’d be thrown into the kitchen and made to wash the dishes.” Ting Shuang grabbed on to Zhu Wenjia, “Listen to me carefully. Your bathroom is next to your bedroom, these two places are yours. No one will enter. Do as you like. You can go anywhere else except for our bedroom, but you have to wear your clothes. Don’t saunter around in improper clothing in front of your sister-in-law. You can use my things however you like, but don’t touch your sister-in-law’s things. And also, you’re not allowed to make noise when your sister-in-law has something on. Oh, and yes, no animals including but not limited to humans are allowed in the house, and you’re not allowed to feed the dog random things. Try not to stay up late, no one will cook anything for you if you wake up late. When it’s time to sleep, the internet at home will be cut off so don’t think about playing games in the middle of the night.”