6- 506 Meters> 22 Meters

The LRM department.

Bai Changyi finished a group meeting with the graduate students before returning to his office from the conference room.

There were two messages from Frost on his phone. The first was a voice message and the second was a text: Where are you now?

When Bai Changyi saw the messages, his current distance from Frost was 219 metres. The number was still decreasing, and after two minutes, 219 metres had become 103 metres.

82 metres.

57 metres.

22 metres.

23 metres.

22 metres.

Then the number didn’t move anymore.

It was probably because Ting Shuang did not have access to the LRM department building, so he could not advance further.

He had guts. Bai Changyi sent a text to Frost: Are you looking for me?

Frost replied quickly: I’m at the door of the LRM department.

Frost: Are you working in there?

Bai Changyi replied: Mm.

Frost: You scared me.

Frost: When I first saw that we were a little more than 500 metres apart, I thought you were following me.

Frost: Are you a graduate student? A professor? Or…?

There were two Chinese researchers in the department. Bai Changyi replied with: Researcher.

Frost: What a coincidence.

Frost: The professor I told you about before is the person in charge of your department.

Frost: Today I went to plead to him like how I told you I would yesterday. I couldn’t say a single word in response to his questions.

Frost: Does he treat you the same way?

Frost: Does working under him give you a lot of stress?

Frost: Ah yes, I shouldn’t be saying bad things about your boss to you, right?

Bai Changyi’s mouth tilted up slightly, and he answered: Shouldn’t you worry about yourself first?

Frost: Worrying is useless.

Frost: I don’t know what else to do.

Frost: I did everything I could.

Frost: I have no choice but to retake the course.

"
"
Frost: I’ll just face it head on and haul my ass to graduation.

Frost: I’ll get a loan first if I don’t have enough money, then repay it after graduation.

Bai Changyi looked at the word “loan” for a few seconds, recalling the scene the day before class started. The first thing he saw when he turned around was Ting Shuang.

Nervous. Young(1). Bright and polite.

Bai Changyi felt his heart softening a bit. He replied: Are you studying overseas by yourself?(2)

Frost: Yeah.

Frost: Hey let’s not talk about that anymore.

Frost: Um… Are you going to the cafeteria for lunch?

Bai Changyi replied: Are you asking me out?

Frost: I’m this miserable, and you still won’t have a meal with me?
Bai Changyi replied: I have work today afternoon.