ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ #04 :

Start from the beginning

Exhaling a long breath, Hanabi reveled in the blessed silence of her father's absence. But relief quickly turned into a knot of anger and humiliation that clung tight in her gut. Squeezing her eyes shut, she clenched her fists, releasing the emotions down.

"Am I that obvious? " she asked to her self as she brought her hand to her mouth and started biting her nails.

What if everyone around them noticed it too? or worst, Hayabusa too.

Before falling in the realm of sleep, all she could think about was of how doomed she was.

•••

"Argg! " Hanabi grunts as Julian, her fellow ninja throw a kick at her back.

"Get yourself together Hanabi." Julian whispered, loud enough for the Scarlet ninja to hear.

She throwed a glare at Julian who was also staring at her, grinning mischievously.

"Let's see if you still have that mischievous grin if I beat you later." she answered, sternly.

"Then give me a good fight at least." Julian responded, his facial expression unreadable.
"No wonder you can't beat Hayabusa." he yawn and streched his arms.

Hanabi grip her blade tightly .

"I don't really waste my time, you know. Yet, when I heard that you'll be my rival, I got really excited. But it turns out... idk... a wide smirk formed on Julian's lips .

Hanabi gritted her teeth . She felt insulted on what Julian had just said and she swear she won't forgive that bastard.

She just glared at Julian because they already gained attention from their fellow ninjas . She stared at the crowd and fixed her eyes to Hayabusa who was staring at her also.

Her fist clenched seeing his cold stares .

" are you really the Grandmaster's daughter ? " Julian chuckled while giving her a teasing grin.

Hanabi turned her gaze to her opponent and smirked.

" come and you'll find out " she responded as everyone started making noise and cheered for her.

She alerted herself as Julian started running towards her direction . The guy throwed a dagger along the way but she immediately blinked and jump to the tree behind the guy .

She spang a kick to Julian's back but before it could landed , Julian immediately turned around and blinked away .

Hanabi's eyes widened , wondering how he avoided her attack that fast.

Before Hanabi could recover from shock a strong kick landed on her left elbow .

A loud grunt escaped her lips because of the impact . She landed to the ground , holding her dislocated elbow .

She let out a deep sigh as she felt a searing pain in her elbow .

A wide smirk draw on Julian's lips , seeing her in that condition somehow made him so full of himself . He can feel the overflowing of his confidence because finally he beated the Scarlet Grandmaster's daughter , in front of their fellow ninjas .
.
.
.
.
.

Hayabusa looked at Hanabi worriedly . Everyone knows that Julian is a ruthless jerk . He would'nt give a fuck even if his rival is a girl .

He takes the every duel seriously that he could end up killing his fellow ninjas .

" Hayabusa , I think we should stop them already " Mina utter worriedly , his fellow ninja .
" you know we can't just butt in right ? Julian is an asshole . He will surely screw us if we disturb his fight " Sana added , a girl ninja also .