Chapter 1: Iris Message

Kenos' POV
—————————————————————
    I was finishing my workout when I heard Annabeth's voice, "Kenos, is that you?" She asked through the Iris message. "Yes, What's going on?" I ask. "I received a dream from Hera." She told me. "Hera? As in the Hera that wants to kill me Hera?" I ask. "Yes that Hera, she said I'll get some answers if I go to the Grand Canyon and find the boy with a one shoe with two other demigods, and I wanted you to come with me." She replied.

    "Okay, when are you leaving, and how are you planning to get to the Grand Canyon that's across the country" I ask her. "I'm borrowing the Apollo Cabin's Chariot with Butch, and we'll leave in an hour." She tells me. "Okay, I'll get ready and I'll meet you at Thalia's old tree." I instruct. "Wait, how are you going to get here, your apartment is like 5 hours away?" Annabeth asks. "I'll travel through the void using my chaos power." I told her. "Okay see you soon." She says with a face of caution.

When we stopped talking the Iris Message disappeared and I went into my bathroom to wash up. After showering, I was putting on my boxers and a sports bra when I saw a small box and note on my bed. I walk over and the note read
'Dear Kenos,
I'm sorry for what you are going through  but I am afraid I am not allowed to interfere at the moment, here is a belated birthday gift.
       - your Mother, Chaos.
I look down and sigh, recently she's been trying to connect with me by sending letters and I'm kind of grateful she's at least trying. I put the letter down and open the small box and see an identical set of rings with a chaos star on them. I put them on, flick my wrists and watch and two different black blades form in my hands, one a black falcata and the other a black gladius, which is unusual since it's a Roman style of blade. It wasn't too unusual since I've trained with all different kinds of weapons a few of my Mother's followers who are retired warriors.

     I flick my hands again and the blades disappear. I go and put on a white shirt, black ripped jeans, a leather jacket and my black combat boots. I grab my to-go quest backpack and grab my other rings that can turn into a black spear and shield.

I concentrate on going into the void: my mother's realm, and I feel a tug in my gut. I reach out and step into darkness. I open my eyes and see emptiness. I walk, picturing my destination in my mind. After a minute or so I feel another tug in my gut telling me I'm very close to Halfblood hill. I close my eyes again and step out of the void immediately seeing trees.

"Kenos!" I hear Annabeth call. I look over and see her standing next to Butch. I walk over and when I get within a few yards of them hear Butch whisper 'We're bring her? She's dangerous' and I see Annabeth glare over her shoulder.

We walk to the chariot and get settled to fly.