Chapter 2: Collecting the campers

Kenos' POV
—————————————————————
We've been on the chariot for about 20 minutes now, and I was utterly bored to death. I looked over at Butch and Annabeth, Butch looked really tense, probably since I was here and he isn't fond of me. Annabeth looked antsy and stressed. I decided to try and rest till we get to the Canyon.

~~Time skip~~

I wake up to feel harsh winds blowing around me, I look around to see the Canyon and 3 kids outside, as Butch lands the chariot and Annabeth and I hop off and head over toward the three teens staring at us.

"Where is he?" Annabeth demands.

"Where's who?" The blonde boy asks in return. Annabeth looked unsatisfied with his answer and looked at the boy and girl. I looked at the girl and I froze.

'Ours!' A voice in my head said as if claiming her possessively. I could tell it was in my head since no one looked as confused as I. I look over at Annabeth and saw she was hyperventilating, I pull her back and tell her,

"Hey calm down, we'll find him," I look over at the other kids and ask, "where's your protector? Where's Gleeson Hedge?"

They looked slightly surprised to hear Hedge's full name but then the short, elfish Latino boy cleared his throat and answered, "He uh... got taken by some tornado things."

"Venti," the blonde boy said, "storm spirits."

I looked at him with a raised eyebrow, and ask, "You mean anemoi thuellai? Venti is the Roman term, who are you? How do you know this?"

He said he didn't know and tried to explain all that he could remember, and I could tell he was nervous and probably intimidated by me since I was taller than him and stared right at him with questioning eyes.

After a minute or so of him explaining Butch came over and stood on the opposite of Annabeth from me crossing his arms to try and intimidate them as well. After another minute or two, the blonde boy who's name was Jason had finished his story but Annabeth was still unsatisfied and stared to rant about how Hera said she would find Percy here and that she would get answers.

I looked down to see Jason with no shoe and before it could tell Annabeth, Butch probably noticed it too and pointed it out,

"Hey Annabeth, check it out." He says while pointing to the Jason's shoeless foot the looked like a lump of coal. "He's the answer." he finishes.

"No, he can't be, I was tricked." Annabeth says, then she looks to the sky and shouts at it asking what the gods want from her a where Percy is. I could tell they didn't like it since the skywalk started to shudder.

"Hey Annabeth," I tell her, "we gotta leave, let's get these kids into camp and we'll figure things out from there, so we're not as vulnerable to monsters." I tell her.

She seethed for a moment before agreeing, and giving Jason a bitter look.

We start heading back to the chariot and I could hear the three kids asking what was up with Annabeth and why she was acting so distressed. Butch told them that we had to get out of here and that we would explain on the way back to camp. The Jason refused to get on saying Annabeth looked like she wanted to murder him. The others convinced him and he reluctantly agreed. I looked behind me to tell them a little bit of information to try and help them cut Annabeth some slack and said she was hoping to find her boyfriend Percy Jackson.